4| A Bump In the Night

~Waylon~

~Waylon~

"I even called Dad but he said our parents had talked and thought it was best for us to separate. How could they do this to us? How are you going to survive without me?"

Juniper whines as she reapplies her dark red lipstick and smacks her lips. I curled up on my bed with my knees to my chest as I color coded my notes with little tabs. I don't mind being separated although it's kind of weird not having her as a partner in every class. Looking over my shoulder and copying all of my notes.

She pushed her brown curls back with added finesse in her perfection as she pulled slightly on her navy blue crop top and fixed her white cotton shorts. The outfit told me what she was up to before she said a word.

"I'm going to go see Alby tonight, what do you think?" She asks for my advice and I'm only impressed by her confidence.

"Isn't it a bad idea to be in a relationship this year? With the mating ceremony coming up?" I ask and she rolls her emerald green eyes at me.

"A relationship with Alby? No, never again. I'm just going there cause I'm bored and haven't gotten laid since last semester. Everyone knows all the hot people are in crimson and as much as I try to flirt with Alexei he plays hard to get and I got bored of the chase," Juni explains and my heart drops.

"Did you sleep with Alexei?" I asked her and she laughed before narrowing her sights on me.

"No, and you won't either. You suck at talking to people nevermind flirting, lack all confidence, and sorry to say it Wei but no one wants a dork like you. I'll be surprised if your mate accepts you which is why I told you to watch what you eat but you don't listen," She says as she checks her reflection in the mirror.

"But that's okay, just remember no matter what happens, you'll always be my Beta," She reminds me and I bite my lip to keep my true emotions from showing.

She turns the light off and leaves, abandoning me for the night.

I bury my head in my knees and try to stop the tears but it was too late. My knees get wet and shaking as I collapsed into bed. Juniper always finds some way to ruin all of my perfect days.

It's not her fault really. She was born an alpha and it's already been predicted that she'll be the most powerful alpha our island has ever seen. Her personality has to be stronger to match that and I'm nothing but inferior in comparison to her.

A loud knock on the door startles me and I'm quick to rush under my bed to my safe hiding space in case it was one of Juniper's friends.

Pressing myself against the back of my dresser as I hid in my secret hideaway, I pulled Mika to my mouth to hide my breathing as the door slowly creeks open. For a second, there's only silence but I know the doors open so someone must still be there.