18| The Alpha Walk

^Who could forget these idiots^

~Alexei~

"Welcome future Alphas and Betas, to the first Alpha walk," 

The King and my mate's father, Alpha Mason Kailea stands to greet us at the ferry dock with his two Betas Noah and Remy, along with our Lunos Tristan. Each dressed in their navy robes symbolizing their high ranking position. I had never before seen the islands royal one and only quadruple mated pairing as intimidating. If anything, Alpha Mason had been a great mentor to me and a father figure growing up. 

I always held a small grudge against him when he refused to adopt me into his family when he brought me home. Never quite understanding when he used the excuse claiming the elders told him it was not meant to be. 

But now I understood why. Because if he had, I never could have been mated to Waylon.

I was never scared of Alpha Mason and his three mates, but now that I'm secretly mated to his eldest son it was a completely different feeling. The man snapped my father's neck with one swipe of his massive paws, what's going to happen to me when I take his beloved Waylon from him? 

I shiver just thinking about it and wonder if Waylon's entire family will be upset by him being mated to Crimson instead of Kailea. Unable to be his sister's beta due to conflict of interest. Would they influence him to reject me? Will he listen to them? 

Beta Noah stands behind his mate with such pride and confidence which was surprising considering Waylon's nearly identical to him in looks. 

The dirty blonde hair messily combed back, the piercing blue eyes, and a captivating smile. Biologically, I know only Noah and Tristan are his parents although he's never told me who carried him. I can only assume it was probably Tristan since I can't imagine the strong masculine man in front of me to carry the twins.

But my Waylon seemed more like his mother who stood in the gentle breeze with a touch of radiance in his elegance and a soft gentleness to him unlike any of his other mates.

I don't remember my father and I've never met my mother, but I wonder if I'm more like her. 

"This is only the beginning of your journey in leadership as you travel from pack to pack and learn about your own people as well as those around you. I hope you take notes on what works in one pack which might work in your own, as well as any changes you would like to make." Mason continues as my sister stands beside me with her arms crossed, listening to his every word but I can already tell she has her own opinions. 

"I'm sure you all understand pack hierarchy, but it's important to start this journey by understanding and respecting everyone's place in your packs," Lunos Tristan speaks with a soft voice that soothes much like Waylon's. 

"An alpha is the main decision-maker when it comes to serious matters that affect the pack. A Beta is an advisor to the alpha, even when they don't see eye to eye a beta should always respect the alphas decision," our Lunos Queen explains and I'm thankful that he's managed to keep his explanations short and simple. 

"Your future mates, who you will meet just a month after this alpha walk, will become you Luna or Lunos. They are to look after the health and wellbeing of the pack. Typically they will also provide the next alpha although there are a few rare exceptions to this rule. Your Beta's mate will become the Delta, to help the luna through their various responsibilities," He finishes the explanation with a small nod of his head and I wonder if he has a delta considering both of the betas are his mates. 

"The first pack you will be visiting is the Foresters, followed by Lotus, Crimson, and Kailea. My Betas Remy and Noah will be your guide for the next ten days. So welcome home Alphas Juniper, Alexei, Chase, and Sora as well as Betas Artemis, Oro, Azariah, and Jayden," Is all alpha Mason says before turning around and walking back towards the castle with his Lunos. 

Waylon goes to say something but Beta Noah interjects before he can.

"Well let's get this show on the road, everybody shift. We've got a long run ahead of us," He says and everyone follows his lead. Beta Noah was the only shifter on the island, or so I thought until I turned and found Waylon by himself still in his human form. 

I shifted to my large light brown wolf and tilted my head slightly as I watched the fear grow in his eyes. What could he possibly be scared of? 

Suddenly the massive white tiger Beta linked in between us and Waylon bowed his head. Juniper had already shifted to her own white wolf with icy blue markings and I thought Way would be similar. 

Noah gently nudged his shoulder with his nose, probably telling him words of encouragement through their parental bond. 

I sat and waited along with everyone else but Waylon eyes me specifically. With his head hung in shame, he started to shift. I watched as he grew into a beautiful tiger. A lot smaller than his black and white papa, his black and orange stripes reflected in the sunlight, so beautiful it was mesmerizing. I could tell he was pouting in this form and his papa licked his ear with Waylon swatting him away out of embarrassment. 

For some reason, Waylon refuses to look at me as we start walking with Artemis beside me and Waylon walking alongside Juniper and this mysterious Jayden whom I've never met before. 

With Noah and Remy taking to lead towards the Forester pack, I trot alongside my sweet Waylon in complete awe of how his beauty even transfers to his tiger. I rub up against his side and he chuffs slightly. Nudging the soft fur of my future mate's fluffy striped neck, I lick behind his ear just as we start running.

Wishing we were marked so I could tell him how much I loved him.