41| The Cold War

~Alexei~ 

~Alexei~ 

"Alpha and Beta, we've used as many resources as we could but it appears nothing in the past two years has done anything to resolve the animosity between the house of Forester and House of Lotus,"

Our adviser speaks out as Artemis and I sit beside each other in deep thought at the head of the conference table. Advisors from every level pestering us for our stance in the war when we were trying to be neutral. But with Forester lowering food supplies to Lotus and Lotus declining to give medical care to Forester, no battles had to be fought for the island to feel the effects. 

 "Well, it's complicated because this war has started over a personal vendetta of Sora against Chase for the romance between Beta Sora and Alpha Chase. There's nothing we can do or say to make any of this better," I groan as I run my fingers through my thick locks from the stress of it all. Ari gently rubs my shoulder and I hear the footsteps as the advisors leave us from her signaling. 

"I think we should pay a visit Alpha Sora and Beta Chase, even bring Prince Cyprus. It will be good for him to gain experience like this," She explains and I understand.

"But what will we tell them Ari? More like what are we going to tell Alpha Sora? Are we going to stroll up to Lotus and be like 'Good afternoon dipshits. Sorry you were mated to a cheating scumbag who slept with my brother-in-law's husband but if they can move on you can too or reject each other and move on but for god's sake, this needs to end'?" I groan and Ari agrees with me.

"What about a peace conference? We meet at some kind of middle ground on the island with Forester and Lotus together and we'll act as a middle ground," She suggests and I agree it would be better but I don't understand how it'll happen when the two groups can barely stand each other. 

"And how do you suppose we do that?" I ask her and she smirks, cracking her knuckles as she did so, telling me she's going to do it the Crimson way.

"Let me handle that, give me two days," she says and I put down the tablet containing the case file on the table.

 It's already close to midnight and I know it's too late to put any of my four babies to bed which saddens me, I check my phone to find a single text from Wei with a little heart. He knows just how much I hate nights like these but never once makes me feel bad. If anything he tries to alleviate it but it doesn't help that much. 

I don't want my babies to grow up thinking I was never there for them or that I wasn't home enough. They're just growing so fast, it feels like just yesterday I saw the triplets for the first time and now I have a thirteen-year-old son, three toddler boys, and a six-month-old daughter. 

"How's Nathan?" I ask her about her four-year-old baby boy and she lets out a long sigh. 

"Absolutely exhausting, I don't know how Dante does it and I certainly don't know how Waylon handles three on his own, nevermind three plus a baby. I would die," she jokes but I didn't think it was very funny.