26| Sweet Lover of Mine

~Waylon~

~Waylon~

"ALEXEI!" 

I gasp when I wake up and realize Alexei is still lying beside me. I cry in pain when I have to reach over to check the time only to find it's almost twelve in the afternoon. 

"Mmmm, five more minutes," Alexei mutters and I try to shake him awake just as his alarm goes off. He quickly grabs his phone and throws it so hard it shatters to pieces when it hits the wall. Unbothered, he yanks me back down to the bed and continues using my chest as his personal pillow. 

"But babe, don't you have a bunch of meeting and alpha stuff?" I ask and he looks up, tracing his beautiful mark on my neck. 

"Not anymore," He shrugs it off while giving the sore mark a gentle lick, cooling the pain instantly.

"But the pack needs you," I remind him but he doesn't move an inch as he ignores me. 

"But my baby needs me more," He huffs like the adorable cutie he is and I lose all of my will to argue with him further. Tangling my naked body with his as I felt every part of him pressed against me and he sighed with content. 

"You're lucky you're so cute," I reply while gently tracing the line down my mate's back. I look at my swirled tattoo-like mark that had formed out of his wrist, spreading up his arm as a full sleeve. Each twist and turn flooded with tribal symbolism that dad once tried to explain to me but I must admit, I'm not the best listener. 

"Does yours hurt?" I ask him and he kisses my mark, sending a jolting shiver down my spine. 

"A little bit but it's not that bad," He says before propping himself up on his arm while looking at me.

"What?" I giggle as he just stares at me with a strange look in his eyes that I've never seen before.

"Nothing baby," he says but I quickly find the lie when he forgets our link.

Does he even know just how beautiful he is? In every way, from his head to his toes it's just pure perfection. I don't know what I'd do if I had to go just one day without hearing the sound of his voice or seeing him smile. Probably go crazy. Yeah, definitely crazy. 

Hearing his true thoughts about me for the first time makes me emotional and I try to hide but we're so tangled there was no point.

"Ah! What's wrong peaches?" He quickly panics, confused by my sudden tears as I cover my face with my hands.

"You think I'm beautiful," I sniffled as he forces my hands from my face. 

"What?" He chuckles and kisses the tip of my nose. 

I heard your thoughts through the link

Oh, but I always tell you your beautiful

Yeah but it's one thing to tell me and another to know you actually believe it

Waylon, your so-mmm

His kiss says it all and I instantly know where this is about to go.

Not that I mind. 

***

"Waylon, you know it's your sister's last day here," 

"Don't call her that," 

I hiss as I cut the asparagus while Alexei stuffs the chicken with fresh mozzarella. At the mention of her, my gaze treads down towards my healed wounds that had turned to scars. Alexei never mentions them with the exception of the little wrist massages he gives me at night to make it go away but it's a slow process. 

I don't remember much of that night. Probably because Umiko is suppressing it from my memory.

"I know, sorry baby. I was just going to ask if you wanted to see her before she's banished," Alexei asks and I know he means no harm but the thought of even making eye contact with that despicable woman sends chills of fear down my spine. 

"No," Is all I say back and he gently reaches over, rubbing my back as he transfers the asparagus to my cutting board before kissing his mark on my neck.

"I understand. Oh! I forgot to mention, but your brother is going to be staying with us. With everything happening with your parents, I volunteered our home as a place for your siblings to stay. Mason said it might be a good idea for Prince Cyprus to spend the summer with us," Alexei says and I pause my stuffing.

"You talk to my parents?" I ask him and he nods.

"Of course I do, they gave me my soulmate so I owe them my life. I just want to do anything to lessen the load on them after what happened to your Papa." Alexei explains and he's just so sweet sometimes that it shocks me. 

"I love you," slips from my lips without thinking about it as he wraps his arms around me and gently rocks me back and forth. 

"Alright, this should be ready after it goes in the oven for forty minutes but I'm just going to take a quick shower babe," I warn him and he kisses the top of my head before letting me go. 

"Okay, I'll make sure nothing burns," Alexei gives me a thumbs up with his adorable self and I walk upstairs. 

The hot water licking my skin feels good at first but suddenly it feels like it's scalding my skin and I turn it down to the lowest setting. But the freezing cold water did absolutely nothing to soothe my problem and I feel my legs wobble beneath me. 

"Hey baby...whats...that...smell?" Alexei stops short of the doorway as I fall out of the shower and scream as my entire body contorts with a wave of pain.

"WAYLON!" I could hear the panic in Alexei's voice as he drops to his knees in confusion. 

"What's going on? Are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?" He asks and I groan as the wave ends, clinging to my mate gives me the slightest bit of relief and I instantly know this is the feeling my mother warned me about. 

"No, I need you," Thankfully my mate isn't too oblivious as he pauses and looks at me with lust in his eyes as they change from hazel to flicked red with his wolf fighting for control. 

I can tell Alexei was fighting so hard but I break his hardened resolve with a single kiss.