34| Fearing The Inevitable

~Umiko~ 

~Umiko~ 

"What do you think? Are they all gonna be pups or cubs? What are we going to name them? I'm so nervous and anxious," 

My hyper mate gasps as he paces in little circles before settling on one spot, laying down with his belly up as he stared at the stars with its everlasting moonlight shining down on us. Flynn's restless these days as the due date draws closer.

 I have no idea when that man sleeps considering he never closes his eyes. But then again I wouldn't know since being the vessel to his three wolf pups was exhausting. Resting just outside the small den we had made in this pretend world with only the two of us in it, I watched my soulmate closely as he walked back and forth. 

"You already know, don't you," Flynn narrows his gaze and I lick my paw, faking my innocence.

"I thought you wanted to be surprised?" I ask him and he groans loudly. 

"Yeah but not anymore, I'm too impatient. I gotta know what to prep for you know? Cause if they're cubs they're gonna be a lot bigger than me and I don't like that," He pouts and I nuzzle my nose his neck to take in his relaxing scent. 

"Patience is a virtue, my love," I make fun of him but he didn't like that as he swats at my chin. 

"Come on Umi," He pleads but I'm not going to tell him, instead I rest beside him and close my eyes. 

"Why won't you like it if they're bigger than you? I'm bigger than you," I mention and he sighs. 

"Yeah, but you're different. You're my mate they are our children. What if they don't respect me cause I'm smaller than them?" He asks and if my eyes were open they would show me rolling them to the heavens. 

"That's what I'm here for," 

"You suck," 

Flynn goes back to pouting and just nuzzle deep in his scent, enjoying the peace of our boys' constant movement slowing down for just a few moments.

"And they already have names, unfortunately, we do not get to choose them," I mention and feel Flynn's paw rested on my head. 

"Ah yes, their super fancy God names they get when they're born," Flynn remembers and I lick the back of his ear.

"You sound so upset about it," I mention and he gets up again to walk in more endless circles that I can't even keep up with.

"Well they get these grandiose god names and their gonna be bigger than me! I'm not upset just...anxious," He confesses and I can't help but smile as I shift onto my side to take the pressure off my large stomach.

"How are you so calm about this?" He asks as he sits for a moment with his head perked to the side to question me.

"Well as long as I have you by my side, I know everything will be okay," I tell him the truth and he puts his head down in shame.

"Now you make me feel bad," he mutters and I don't want to get up so I just give him a pleading look to try to get him to come back to me instead. Thankfully it works but he trudges back to my side as if I forced him against his will.

"Don't feel bad. It's okay to be nervous when it comes to these things. It means you care," I explain and he cuddles close to me on the soft moss I laid down earlier for our bedding. 

"Umi, what if something happens to me? What will you do?" He asks and the though alone strikes a pain in my heart that is so sharp it feels like I've been stabbed. A sinking feeling settles over my disposition as I have a bad feeling about what he said. I whimper slightly just as Flynn is quick to realize how upset he's accidentally made me. 

"Oh no Umi, it's okay. I'm okay, I'm right here! I'm not going anywhere my love. Please don't be sad, that's not what I meant, I'm so sorry!" He apologizes over and over again while gently nudging me and covering the fur on my head with little licks. 

"I can't do this alone Flynn," 

"And you won't have too Umiko, I promise!" 

"Please don't make promises you can't keep,"