19

When they got on the bus they all settled in the main area, and decided to play a game of "never have I ever" to pass time before bed.

Zayn sat on the couch and Harry followed shortly after, nestling close to zayn.

Zayn kissed the top of his head and snuggled closer as well.

Zayn: "hey baby"

Harry: "hey z"

Harry blushed at the simple sound of Zayn's voice.

When the other boys joined them for the game, Liam was first to ask

Liam: "never have I ever kissed more than three different people in one night"

Harry laughed

Zayn: "you have haven't you"

Harry: "I was 17...and a hoe, but yeah I did"

They all laughed and found out that all of them, except for Niall have also done it.

Louis: "never have I ever had sex with the same gender"

Harry and Zayn just laughed, everyone knowing they have. Liam and Niall haven't, but Louis said he has.

The game ended and they all decided to have a drink before bed.

Zayn: "babe aren't you hot?"

Harry was, but he couldn't take that long sleeve shirt off or else Zayn, and the others would see the fresh cuts on his forearm.

Harry: "I'm actually fine, I like being warm"

Zayn: "oh okay...am I not making you warm enough"

Harry: "no you are baby, I'm cozy"

Harry snuggled deeper into Zayn's embrace and Zayn held him tighter

As the night went on, the boys finished drinking and decided it was time to head to bed.

Harry turned around before hopping into his bunk

Harry: "z?"

Zayn: "what's wrong babe?"

Harry: "you're gonna sleep with me right?"

Zayn: "yes love"

Harry: "well before we go to bed I uh-I need to tell you something"

Zayn: "okay baby, where do you wanna go?"

Harry: "can we stay out here cause all the other lads are in bed?"

Zayn: "whatever you need"

Harry took Zayn's hand and led him back over to the couch and sat down.

Zayn saw a tear escape from the corner of Harry's eye

Zayn: "babe babe babe...what's wrong? Is it something I did?"

Harry: "no z...it's something I did"

Zayn let go of Harry's hand and looked concerned

Zayn: "did you cheat on me?"

Harry: "no baby, god no"

Zayn felt relieved and placed his hand in Harry's again

Zayn: "shit that scared me"

Harry: "no no that's not it at all"

Zayn: "okay bub then what is it?"

Harry: "I uh-...I'm just gonna show you"

Harry pulled his shirt over his head and revealed his right forearm where the fresh cuts were laying.

Zayn: "whe-when did you do this Harry?"

Harry: "when you weren't talking to me earlier...when I uh...when I went on the bus"

Zayn: "after Liam fucking left you out side."

Zayn stood up and started pacing back and forth, but Harry got up after him and led him back down.

Harry: "I didn't wanna hide it from you any longer..."

Zayn: "baby why didn't you just come get me...I should've fucking known"

Harry: "it's not your fault zayn"

Zayn: "yes it is Harry. I know you get like this, and I was too selfish to see that. I'm so fucking stupid."

Harry: "baby don't say that"

Zayn punched the wall next to him leaving his hand instantly bruised

Harry grabbed his hand

Harry: "shhh don't wake the boys"

Zayn: "I don't fucking care right now, I'm so overly consumed by the fact that I'm such an idiot for being so selfish over something so dumb. And it led us to this moment. You sitting in front of me with slit wrists again...fucking again"

Harry started crying

Harry: "I'm trying to get better baby...it's not your fault okay. I love you. I love you so much"

Zayn was crying too.

Zayn: "I feel like the worlds worst boyfriend Harry."

Harry: "you're everything I ever wanted Z, and more. You're my safe place, my home, and my entire heart. Never doubt that"

Zayn: "well when I look at your wrists my heart sinks bub...that's scary shit"

Harry: "I know and I'm sorry"

Zayn: "I love you, and I don't wanna hurt you"

Harry: "babe, I did this to myself."

Zayn: "because of me"

They both sat in silence for what felt like forever before Harry was ready to talk.

Harry: "babe"

Zayn didn't respond but looked up to signal that he was listening

Harry: "I'm not mad at you. So don't punish yourself for my actions okay? I'm trying, so hard to get better...and today, I-I lost myself for a second, but I'm back. I love you, more than you'll ever know zayn. I always will okay? So let's drop it, and let's go to bed babe."

Zayn: "I love you too Harry...it just hurts me to see you hurting. Especially when I knew it was because I was ignoring you...so it feels like my selfish actions caused you pain. But you need to tell me when youre in that state of mind from now on, yes?"

Harry: "I won't hide it anymore, I promise"

Zayn: "ready for bed bubs?"

Harry: "only if I get cuddles"

Zayn: "you always do"

Harry leaned in a pressed his lips to Zayn's. Zayn glanced down at Harry's arm one more time and ran his thumb over the red lines. Harry winced at the sensation but didn't stop him.

Zayn bent down and placed a gentle kiss on Harry's cuts.

Harry: "I love you so much"

The two went toward the back of the bus and got into Harry's bunk, across from Nialls. Zayn took his shirt off to match Harry's bare chest and they both got into just their boxers.

Zayn: "you're beautiful"

Harry: "is that cause you can see the outline of me?"

Zayn: "I mean you're always beautiful...but that helps"

Harry: "man I love you"

They both laughed

Harry: "but babe, the real question is...do you wanna have some fun?"

Zayn: "I thought you'd never ask"