31

Louis walked back to the bathroom to find Niall and Harry. When he walked in, Niall seemed to calm him down to a faint whimper.

Louis: "z wanted me to give this to you, he said you left it in the room"

Harry let a tear slip when his lock screen of the two of them kissing lit up.

Harry: "y-yeah thanks"

Louis: "don't mention it"

Harry: "Lou...I-is he o-okay?"

Louis: "he's uh...he struggling but, he went upstairs to get some sleep. I asked him if he wanted me to stay and make sure he was alright, but he said no."

Harry: "I just...I want him to be okay without me"

Niall: "he's gonna be okay...I know zayn well enough, so do you. He's strong"

Harry sniffled and hopped down of the sink that he'd been sitting on.

Niall: "ready to head to the bus?"

Harry: "uh...I...yeah"

Niall: "you sure you can sleep without him?"

Harry: "I have no idea honestly...but I guess I...I can try"

Niall: "if you need him Harry, go up there"

Harry: "no I can't...I can't see him right now. I hear liams voice every time now."

Louis: "well lads, I'm going off to bed and I'll see you in the morning before we head off yeah?"

Harry and Niall shook their heads before Louis turned around to whisper to Niall.

Louis: "take all the razors out of the bathroom on that bus Niall...just take care of him okay?"

Niall: "always."

Niall and Harry walked outside and got on the bus after calling the driver to let them in early.

It was about 3 am when they got settled in bed. But it wasn't too long before Harry felt the emptiness, and started sobbing without zayn next to him.

Harry: "n-Niall...I n-need to call him"

Niall: "call him Harry...I'm not stopping you"

Harry pulled his phone out and found the contact named "my baby🥵" before pressing the call button and putting it up to his ear.

Luckily Zayn couldn't sleep and ran to his phone the moment it rang. When the name "bub❤️" popped up and answered immediately.

Zayn: "bub? Please tell me it's you calling? I need to hear you?"

Harry: "I-it's me z...I-I needed to h-hear you before I-I tried to go to b-bed"

Zayn: "don't cry...let me come get you baby please"

Harry: "no zayn...I can't see you right now"

Zayn: "bub...I...I just need to know what I did."

Harry: "it's late and my head is the farthest from clear...tomorrow we'll have a long conversation about it all okay?"

Zayn: "but I need you now baby...I need you in here with me."

Harry: "zayn, I literally have a picture of you pulled up on my phone next to me while I'm laying down because it's so hard for me to go to sleep without you. I get it...I do"

Zayn: "please Harry, let me come get you."

Harry: "tomorrow morning...I'll see you then okay?"

Zayn: "you're not gonna tell me you love me...?"

Harry: "its...it's hard for me...but you know I do"

Zayn: "I love you baby...I love you so much"

Harry: "good night"

Zayn: "please please call me if you need me"

Harry: "you know I will"

Zayn sighed as Harry hung up the phone and threw it on the bed side table, not even trying to plug it in.

He laid in bed for another hour before he could force himself to fall asleep.
...
On the bus Harry's eyes were burning from the tears, so although Zayn wasn't with him, and he was extremely upset, he was able to fall asleep, using it as his only escape.

He found himself twisting and turning at times, searching for Zayn's body, but realizing it wasn't there and pulling the blanket close.
...

In the morning, Zayn was woken up by an alarm that was loud enough to wake the entire building.

All of the boys had to be on the bus around 9, so he'd woken up at 8 to get a shower and throw some clothes on before heading downstairs.

He rushed, wanting to see his bub more than anything. Wanting to find out the answers. Wanting to feel his touch.

Niall let Harry sleep, figuring he needed it, and he could shower at the venue later. So Niall left him alone and got ready on the bus while waiting for the others.

Louis got on first saying hi to Niall and throwing his bags on the bus.

Louis: "morning nialler...how was he last night?"

Niall: "he was alright... he called zayn to hear his voice but, that was it"

Louis: "I see you left him sleep"

Niall: "yeah he needs it"

Just then Liam got on the bus throwing his stuff up into his bunk. Niall was pissed at him for the pain he caused Harry and showed no interest in talking to him, but Louis remained civil and gave him a quick good morning.

Liam: "where's Harry?"

Louis: "sleeping"

Liam: "where?"

Louis: "...in his bunk"

Liam: "he didn't sleep with Zayn?"

Niall: "clearly not Liam...drop it alright, it's not your situation to be worrying about"

Liam: "damn, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"

Niall groaned and didn't respond, he'd already had enough of him.

Then Zayn finally got on, he had Harry's bags and his own, making sure he got everything.

Louis: "need help z?"

Zayn: "no, thank you though"

Zayn moped over to his bunk and threw both of their things above him before making his way over to Niall and whispering to him.

Zayn: "did he get to sleep alright?"

Niall: "after he heard your voice, yes. how are you coping?"

Zayn: "it's not easy cause I wanna love on him, but I can't...especially cause I have no clue what's bothering him"

Niall: "he's still asleep in his bunk cause he needed the rest...if you wanna sneak in there"

Zayn smiled and walked back toward the bunks. Stopping at the first bottom right bunk that was Harry's.

He slid the curtain open and sat on the edge of his bunk, being careful not to wake him. Zayn's heart broke at the sight of his tear stained and red face.

Zayn couldn't take it any longer and grabbed Harry's hand in his own, linking his fingers with Harry's limp ones. Caressing the side of his hand, with his thumb.

When Harry didn't wake up, he let go and decided to let him sleep it off a little longer. So he placed a delicate kiss on his cheek.

Zayn: "good morning baby...I-I love you."

Zayn walked away and wiped the tear that was forming in the corner of his eye, before joining the rest of the boys at the front of the bus.