3. Lose Faith

The red and green lights blind my eyes as I stand in the middle of the Cielo club. The knee-length dress that's hugging my body which I put on after so much debate seems nothing close to the revealing dresses the other girls are wearing tonight here.

I'm not a person who likes fancy clubs and partying. I have never been to one. Worcester didn't have many clubs that I knew or to be honest, I wasn't interested in that kind of social activity. I've heard and seen too much news about all those girls who get drugged and used upon in these types of activities which made me completely stay out of it.

Scarlet reassured me that it just happens to only twenty percent of the girls and in her experience, she has never come across such an event. But somehow I had agreed to go with Scarlet on the one condition that we must head back if I didn't feel comfortable.

Needless to say, as soon as I step inside the club I forget about all my worries and just let my body take over instead of my mind for once. But I still kept an eye on whoever approached me and made polite rejections if I got a bad vibe from those people. So here I am dancing to the electric music that is put up by the professional DJs. I must admit that it did take my mind off of everything and let loose for a solid hour and a half.

I excuse myself from Scarlet and head to the bar to quench my dry throat which was difficult to acquire when you're practically being crushed between the people on the dance floor. I order sparkling water and then decide to indulge in my phone to take a break.

"Didn't peg you to order sparkling water when you dance like that on the floor." I raise my head to look at the owner of the voice and cringe when I see how close Andrew's face was to me. The thick smell of alcohol hits my nose which makes me scrunch my nose even further and lean back a bit.

Yes, Andrew is also here with us despite my protest. When I and Scarlet planned on coming here someone insisted that they tag along so that there would be a male to keep an eye on those who try to attack us. Scarlet swooned over that but little did she know that it was her boyfriend that needs to be kept an eye on.

"You look beautiful tonight, cupcake" I watched his eyes scan me from head to toe and I made a face in disgust.

"Where is Scarlet? Aren't you supposed to be with her?" I ignore his flirty remark.

"You don't have to worry about her at all. She is good by herself." I ignored him again and the double meaning with which he spoke and decided to go back to the dance floor to get Scarlet so that we can head back home. It's already been two hours since we came here and my body is feeling pretty tired after the intense dancing that I did, if jumping and swaying your hips is called dancing then that's exactly what I'm talking about.

But as soon as I stood up from the barstool, I was caged between the bar table and Andrew's arm.

"Move" I gritted out angrily, my fist clenched at my sides. He smirked lazily, stepping closer.

"Why are you being so difficult, cupcake? We can have a good time together" he said shamelessly.

"Step back before I slap you" I threatened. He is tempting me to harm him.

"Geez," he chuckled and stepped back. I quickly pushed him away making him stumble on his heels and walked away, my jaw clenched.

After much resistance from Scarlet, I somehow managed to get her out of the bar and into the cab that we have currently hailed to reach our apartment since we didn't have a car, even if we did I don't think it would have been useful since both Scarlet and Andrew are quite drunk to drive it.

Scarlet passed out during the ride home but still kept on mumbling some incoherent words that were difficult to comprehend. Andrew was still keeping up and giving us glances from the passenger seat and I ignored him completely. I wanted nothing more than to slap that jerk's face. Scarlet needs to break up with this guy. I'll make her realize how bad he is for her. But I must come with a plan to present it to her or else she will brush me off like before.