59. Nearing Inescapable Spiral

I gaze at the beautiful snowflakes falling from the night sky while hugging myself tightly with the blanket for some warmth. I was standing on the balcony to get some fresh air. The whole house has quieted down and I presume all went to sleep by now since it's around midnight. Sleep is long forgotten for me and Logan since there are a lot of things to talk about between us now. Logan is currently taking a shower and that's when I stepped out of the room. I'm expecting a serious talk to take place once he's done with his shower and this is a way I found to calm myself down and prepare for everything.

I heard the opening sound of the sliding doors and knew that Logan had come in. I remained in the same position and soon felt the familiar warmth of him behind me. His two strong arms wrapped around my blanket-covered body and rested his chin on top of my head.

"How long have you been standing here?" He asked, rubbing my sides even though I was well covered.

"Since you went for the shower," I said, resting my head on his chest. Logan heaved a sigh and I saw the vapor of our breaths getting mingled.

"Let's get in then. It's cold." He said while unwrapping his one hand and pulling me to his side, ready to get inside the room. I quickly caught his arm and he immediately turned around.

"Don't you think we need to talk?" I ask him.

"Yes, we should. But we need to get inside first. Don't want you to get a cold now." He said it while cupping my face very tenderly. His face now displayed the usual adoration and love that he hid during these past few days. I nodded my head and gave a small smile before heading inside the house following him closely.

We entered Logan's room and I heard the click sound which indicated that Logan had locked the doors. I unwrap the blanket around my body and sit on the edge of the bed. I studied Logan through my lashes as he approached me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Ask me what you want to know." He said while taking a seat next to me but deliberately left some space in between us. My heart clenched at the little distance he put up even after what happened earlier. I shook my thoughts away and bit my lip as I mentally noted down my questions.

"Why were you ignoring me?" That was the first question that I wanted to ask for so long.

"Well, let's just say that I was angry at you when I came to know you met with Olivier"

"Is that the only reason?"

"No, My anger fueled more when you wouldn't tell me about it even though I insisted you do. I wanted you to tell me about it but you didn't. And that made me think you didn't trust me enough to tell me what was troubling you. And slowly the anger I felt at you got directed towards myself and changed into guilt when you told me about those notes and accidents" Logan sighed exasperatedly.

"I was so focussed on mom's case and finding the person who did it that I forgot to ask what was happening to you. How much you were hiding to keep me in dark while you dealt with everything alone." He said while he ran his hands through his hair in a frustrated and disturbed manner. My mouth gaped in shock because I never thought he took it like that.

"So you aren't angry at me for being the reason for your mom's accident? You weren't planning to break-up with me?" I asked, feeling genuinely astonished.

"No, no how can I be angry or blame you for that. It was never your fault, love. There was nothing you could do to stop it from happening. And NO, I wasn't planning to or I ever will break-up with you. You're stuck with me forever." He said as he grazed my left cheek and looked straight into me. By now he was facing me. I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders as I registered his words. I wanted to press more on what he meant by the last line but decided to leave it for now.