10. Night Terrors

WARNING: There are a few thoughts on the idea of cutting. So read it at your own risk. Sorry :)

"Kill you, kill you, kill you" the green-eyed man repeatedly shouted into my ear. I tried to cover my ears, but I couldn't move my hands. They were tied together to a pole above my head. I tried to scream, but no sound came out of my mouth. I tried to move my legs, but I couldn't feel it. I tried everything, but it was like my body was numb, unresponsive. I feel helpless.

The green-eyed man looked at me evilly and pulled a knife from behind. The silver color of the knife glistened in the bright moonlight, its sharp edges sending a shiver throughout my body. He brought his hand up for the air before stabbing me in my chest. But I didn't feel any pain. I didn't feel anything.

It was like souls were reversed. Instead of me, the person tied to the pole was my mom. She screamed as he pierced the knife onto her chest while I stood there simply, watching her screaming for help.

"No!" I screamed and woke with a start, my heart beating loudly. I clenched my bedsheet tightly as tears started to roll down my face and I hugged myself with my arms around me. This nightmare brought back memories of the past which I'm trying to forget. I cried harder, gripping my hair tightly. The memories which I could never forget.....

I continued to cry silently, my hands covering my sobs. I tried to ooze out the pain. But I can't. The feeling that I'm alone in this room made me more scared and I cried harder and I started to choke. I couldn't take this pain anymore, It's too much for me to bear. I c-can't. I need to do something to reduce my pain. I pushed myself up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom, my mind not comprehending the right thing. I locked the door of the bathroom and turned on warm water and splashed it over my face for a few minutes. I turned off the water and got a towel to dry my face. My eyes were bloodshot and there were dark half-moons under my eyes.

I opened the cabinet and started pulling out everything, but the thing I needed wasn't there. I opened every other cabinet, trying to find the razor. Finally, I found it in a cabinet, beside a shampoo bottle. I bit my lip as I stared at it in silence. I could stop this pain. I could stop all this for just a bit. I took the razor with trembling hands and brought it towards me. Holding onto the small metal piece, I edged it closer to myself. As I was about to make a small cut on my forearm, I heard a knock, startling me.

"Lia, are you in there?" I dropped the razor and started to panic. I picked the razor from the ground and threw it inside the cabinet. I then started picking everything from the ground, arranging it in its position.

"Karolia?" Logan knocked again, this time harder.

"Karolia, open the door!" he shouted.

"I-I'm coming" I stammered. My hands started to shake as I kept dropping things to the floor with a loud noise.

"If you don't open it right now, I'll break it" he shouted from the other side. I took a few deep breaths to control my racing heart before walking towards the door hesitantly. I unlocked the door and opened it to see Logan standing there with his fist clenched, as if ready to break the door.

"Y-you scared me, Logan. What's the matter?" I tried to put an angry face but instead, it was a sad frown. As soon as he saw me, his anger washed away and his face was filled with concern.

"What happened?" he took a step forward.

"Nothing" I tried to smile, even though it was very difficult.

"Tell me, what happened? He restated, obvious of my lie.

"I told you it's nothing. What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to change the topic.