43. Masquerade Ball - II

"I'll get you another one, ma'am." the butler said but I paid no heed to it as I was busy shooting daggers at that mysterious man whose back was facing toward me with the glass in his hand as he talked with some couple. God, didn't he see I was about to take it? It's spiked for God's sake and I don't want anyone to drink it except Olivier. I took a step closer to him, ready to argue with him for the glass, but I froze on my track as soon as I heard their conversation.

"I had a great time working with you as your partner, Mr.Watson," The man said as the woman standing next to him smiled at him gratefully.

"It's been my pleasure." The thick familiar voice said. It was the same voice I wish I could hear again and again. So deep and thick. The voice belonged to none other than LOGAN WATSON, aka the person whom I should stay away from for tonight.

I then widened my eyes as soon as I realized the drink was in his hand. Till now he didn't make a move to drink it as he was busy talking, but it won't last long. Think Karolia! Think! You've to do something quickly. You can't let him have the drink. God help me!

Since I didn't have any other choice, I did the one thing that came to my mind first. I walked towards him and purposefully bumped into him from the side, jerking his hand in the process making the drink spill on his suit. I'm so sorry Log, I didn't have any other choice.

"Fuck." he hissed at me and I gasped fakely.

"Oh my god, I didn't see you. I'm so sorry." I said in a thick gravelly voice. I cringed internally upon hearing my voice. Way to go! You might be thinking I could've just run away, but that might seem suspicious and I can't risk that, especially with this man who knows A to Z about me. I just hope he doesn't recognize me with this fake voice and my disguised self. My heart was beating loudly and I feared it would jump out of my chest at any moment.

"Are you fucking blind, lady," he growled lightly as he wiped his suit with a towel. I took a deep breath to control my tongue. I am on this verge to back answer him with some sassy comment but refrained from it. Don't risk it! Can't risk it!

"I said I'm sorry," I said in a thick voice and he looked up at me, giving me a glare. Our gaze met with each other and I felt myself falling into the deep ocean blue eyes. Whenever I look at his eyes, it seems like I've no control over my mind and body as I fall into his mesmerizing gaze and this time was no different. We stared at each other's gaze for a while before I looked away when I felt like he was seeing right through my eyes. He looks damn sexy and I wish I wasn't in this position where I could only stand here and look at him without being able to do anything about it. Snap out of it women, it's not the time to release your hormones.

I looked up to see the woman whom he had come with, wiping his suit with a kerchief. I felt smoke blowing out from my ears. Now I know it's not Mia for sure. She wouldn't even dare to be close and personal with Logan. And Mia is definitely not the daughter of a freaking billionaire from what I know. Then who's this woman that Logan had brought with him? What's his connection with her?

"Stop staring, woman. You have done enough damage here. Go away before he does something you'll regret." The lady hissed at me. I looked up to notice Logan looking at me with a frown and shaking his head before turning to deal with his suit.

"Gosh, you are so mean and tempered," I grumbled in the rough voice, rolling my eyes. Any more seconds with her, I'll lose my control. I turned to a butler who was serving juice to the guests.

"Excuse me." The man turned toward me.

"Yes, miss. Do you want something to drink? "He asked politely and I shook my head.