60. Training

Is there any legal punishment given by the Jury for poking someone's eye out with a sharp-pointed nail or for cutting off someone's private parts? If it's there then it will probably be under misdemeanor, right?

Huffing loudly with a scowl on my face, I tiredly scan the set of my clothes hanging inside Logan's closet. The sound of a door closing alerted my ears and my eyes brightened up a little when I realized Logan entered the washroom to take a shower. Quickly dropping the towel I had in my hand onto the floor, I rushed out of the closet and quickly plunged under the blanket and welcomed the sleep once again with a happy smile on my face.

The room is still dark, the sun not up yet. It's normal for Logan to wake up at this unholy hour of the day, at 5 am, and even before that. I usually don't mind missing his warmth beside me but I do mind when I'm forced to wake up too. Logan did say he will be training me for self-defense and to fight, but I should've expected this training to start at freaking 6 am. No wonder the idiot forced me to sleep so early yesterday.

My eyes immediately fluttered close and I pressed my head deeper into the pillow. But the heavenly feeling of sleeping again didn't last long. My freaking adamant boyfriend sprinkled cold water on my face and pulled back the blanket off my body, unfortunately waking me up.

"Why did you have to do that!?" I screeched at him, wiping my face. Logan ran his hands through his hair to set it in place and crossed his arms over his naked chest, a towel wrapped around his waist. Wait, did he just shake the water off from his wet hair? On me?

"You need to get up, there's no choice. Why are you being so stubborn now?" Logan says exasperatedly. I shoot him a deathly glare.

"I'm being stubborn? You are the one who is stubborn now, Asshole." I scowl. "Log, I'm tired. I want to sleep, let's cancel this training for now. I promise we can do it tomorrow or even later this evening." I plead, giving him puppy eyes. Logan shakes his head and grabs my arm, pulling me out of the bed without my consent.

"No, we're not canceling nor are we postponing. Now go take a shower." he grabbed my shoulders and pushed me towards the bathroom, ignoring all my pleas and mild threats.

"Please, please. At least let's keep it some other time. It's only 6 in the morning." I complain again. I heard Logan sigh heavily.

"Lia, I have work to do after this. And I don't want to delay it any further." he reasons and pushes me into the washroom.

"But-"

"NO. If you're being like this, I will myself wash you up," he says. I make a face and try to scratch his face out of frustration, but that bastard shut the door on my face. I stomp my feet, sulking childishly. Sighing heavily I turned around and decided to take the damn shower.

Finally, after a 15 minutes warm shower and a cup of coffee, I'm definitely awake. The house is silent and dark, only a few sconces lighted up here and there. Silently I followed Logan to the gym room in the basement. Logan unlocked the door with a set of keys and switched on all the lights. Just like I visited last time, all the workout machines and equipment are arranged in order and not a speck of dust I could spot anywhere. Even the room smells fresh and clean, unlike the musty smell I expected the room to emit. I was wearing a loose tank top on top of my sports bra and paired it with tight shorts as my training outfit.

I watch shamelessly as Logan slips off his t-shirt over his head and tosses it onto the ground, leaving him in just a black training short. No matter how many times I have seen his body, each time his strong muscles and six-packs puts me in a daze. Logan had that infuriating smirk on his face as he stood in front of me. We were inside the boxing ring placed at the center of the room.