63. Euphoria

(Two days later)

I look out at the busy morning of New York City and watch the people rushing to reach their destination. It looked like it snowed heavily in the streets as the road looked glazed. Good thing now it's not snowing too much because I didn't take my woolen scarf nor my umbrella. I just had my sweater on and a beanie that covered my plaited hair. I glance at my wristwatch and realize that I have ten minutes left for my work hours to start. I suddenly craved for some hot caramel macchiato in this chilly weather as we neared the Watson Enterprise building.

I asked William to stop the car at Starbucks, a bit away from the office building, and got down with him following me closely behind. I entered the warm coffee house and ordered what I craved for. My phone rang while I was waiting for the drink and a smile formed on my lips immediately as I saw the caller ID.

"Hey, Log." I greeted him cheerily as soon as I picked the call.

"Hey, love. Why are you not here yet?" He asked me. Even though he sounded casual, I was able to sense some resistance there. I frowned but didn't ask him about it.

"I'm on the way. I just stopped by Starbucks to get a drink" I said. Logan hummed in response.

"Alright, come fast then," Logan said and I bit my lip.

"You sound a bit weird. Is everything alright at the office?" I asked as I tapped my feet on the floor. There was a moment of silence before I heard him chuckle from the other side which put me at ease right away.

"It's nothing. Just come straight to my room once you reach the office, yeah?" He said and now he sounded more casual which made me smile.

"Sure. I'll be there in ten." I said and cut the call. He sounded a bit hurried. Maybe he has some important paperwork to be done real quick and that's why he wants me there immediately. I quickly ordered an americano for Logan as I realized that he is definitely in need of some caffeine. Logan doesn't like highly flavored or thick-milked coffee so I decided it would be best to get something light and refreshing.

As soon as I got my orders, I paid the cashier and hurried towards the car. Now it's just a five-minute drive from here to the office. I thanked William as soon as I reached the office and headed straight to the elevator with the two cups of drinks in each of my hands. When the elevator doors pinged open on the twentieth floor, I quickly got out and headed towards Logan's office room.

"Good morning, Mia." I greeted Logan's PA who was typing something on her desktop.

"Good morning, Karolia" she gave me her usual professional smile and nodded her head. I then walked towards Logan's big grey door and by pushing open the unlocked door with my body, I entered the room with my eyes still trained on the cups in my hand, making sure to not spill a single drop from it.

"Log, I bought you a....-Ooh," I swallowed my statement as soon as I saw two guests in the room.

"Hey, kiddo." Micah exclaimed from his seat as soon as his eyes landed on me.

"Micah?!" I said in surprise with wide eyes. He soon got up from his seat and approached me for a warm hug. I stood there awkwardly with the two hot drinks in my hand. He pulled away and patted my head with a warm smile.

"Hi, Karolia. Long time no see." Vincent said with his deep voice looking at me intensely. He was seated in the chair and didn't bother to get up which I appreciated well enough. I squirmed in my spot as his intense gaze disturbed me but I tried to keep my cool.

"Hello Vincent," I greeted back and immediately turned my attention towards Micah again. I saw Logan getting up from his seat and approaching me from the corner of my eyes. I stood there as he came and took both of our drinks and placed it on the desk.