46. Need him

It has been four days since Logan left for the business meeting. It may sound corny, but I'm already so dead inside without him. I miss him so much. I miss his muscular arms around me, those ocean blue eyes that would look at me ever so lovingly. I feel empty without him. The thought of him being miles away makes me down and depressed. I know I might be overreacting as he's going to be back soon, but the past days without him were so melancholic and horrible.

We talk every day, but it isn't enough. Nothing is enough when he's miles away from me. His voice just won't make me feel complete again as his presence did. Never have I ever wanted something so much except him. I'm horrified at the realization that I'm starting to depend on Logan for everything.

I was laying on my bed, lost in my world of thoughts. Mainly revolving around Logan. My phone started to vibrate and a smile spread on my face as the familiar ringtone reached my ears. A special ringtone saved for a certain person. I picked the call before holding the phone to my ear.

"Finally you decided to talk after forever," I said dramatically. I heard him chuckle and my toes curled at his husky voice. God, I missed his voice.

"Babe, we just talked yesterday," He said and I can detect amusement in his voice, which brought a grin on my face.

"I know, but it felt like an eternity" I pouted.

"Now tell me what my Queen was doing?"

"Nothing much. Just got back from my work and had a cup of coffee. Now I have to study for the semester test." Since Logan left I didn't have much work at his office as he himself wasn't there. But I just went to complete some documents that Logan might need as soon as he comes back. I typed everything in advance for him to lessen his workload when he arrives back.

"I guess you didn't cause any trouble today since I didn't get a call from William. Right babe?" He teased me and I let out a groan.

Yesterday, I tried to escape from the campus without informing William, a.k.a my bodyguard. It was getting on my nerves when he was following me everywhere as per his boss' order. I just needed some space to think! But I didn't make much progress in my plan as William saw me entering a cab. Then he followed me in his car and stopped the cab. Then there goes my escape plan in water. I even had to listen to Logan's lecture for one hour. The horror!

"No, I didn't," I said, rolling my eyes.

"You better not if you don't want me to double the security around you," he said in a serious tone.

"I'm not a kid, Logan," I whined childishly.

"Not again, Lia. We talked about this for more than ten times already. But if you want, I am ready to do it again if it means it gets into your head for the last time." He said in a monotone.

"Ahhh, no. I understood everything already. No need to start a lecture for another hour." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"Mr. Watson, everybody is waiting for your presence to start the meeting." I heard a female voice in the background. Then I heard a few shuffling.

"Yeah, I'll be there -- baby, I gotta go. Will talk to you later. Love you" he said and hung up. I let out a defeated sigh.

"Love you too," I mumbled as the beeping voice filled my ears. My whole mood dropped instantly.

Logan has been busy lately with his work. It's not that I'm complaining. He's a businessman. Powerful and a busy one to be precise. And I'm not a fool to think his job is simple. He indeed calls me every day, but our conversation only lasts for 20 minutes maximum, if it's not for lecturing and that too only when it's time for him to go to bed. Because that's the only time he is free and gets to relax. Knowing that he uses that little time to make a call and talk to me made my heart melt. I guess Logan is handling a big issue in California because he couldn't solve the problem till now.