11. Chase

"T-That's not fair" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up in the air. This handsomely looking six-foot-tall demon is cheating and is playing like how he does fighting. Everything illegal and unjust. Logan rubbed his temple, an annoying smirk slowly crept across his mouth.

"You're cheating" I pointed.

"I'm not, you just don't know how to play," he said and I gasped, glaring. If my eyes had the power to generate lasers, he'll be the first one gone.

Logan and I were lounged out on the couch playing chess. This is our second time playing the game and both the time his stupid ass won. Scarlet and Patrick were playing video games, laughing while they did so. Now I wish I chose video games over this brain consuming game.

"How dare you accuse me like that? I always win when I play with my neighbor's son back in Worcester" I announced proudly.

"Mind that her 'neighbor's son' is 10 years younger than her" Scarlet pointed out from her position and I gave her my deathly glare.

"I'm not surprised" Logan chuckled and they all laughed. My temples bulged out, red flashing in my eyes.

"You are supposed to concentrate there, not on me" I huffed, my finger pointing at the video game. Scarlet only shrugs her shoulders

"It's cute to hear you both bickering," she said honestly. I made a face. Cute? My foot

"Let's play again" he suggested "Fine. But this time I'm going to win" I said determinedly, squaring my shoulders. He chuckled, his voice raw and husky. Damn his voice as well!

We started the game again. I was concentrating hard, my head turning wheels. This time, I won't let him win. I narrowed my eyes before placing the bishop diagonally forward. Logan snickered, shaking his head.

"Oh, love," he said and he killed my bishop with his queen and announced a checkmate. I gasped, my nose flaring. He's winning again

"This game is nonsense. You are not playing fair" I said again, crossing my arms. I pouted, my confidence slowly disappearing. Maybe I really suck at this game

"Really? I'm not playing fair. Don't think I didn't notice you checking google secretly. If it's anyone you're the one who is cheating"

I clicked my tongue inside my cheek before swiping all the pieces to the floor in frustration. Logan just sat there watching me, clearly enjoying my tantrum. It's this or seeing him winning AGAIN.

****

"F*** you" Scarlet yelled before marching into the kitchen, her face red. I laughed.

"Welcome to the Loser's team," I said, smiling sarcastically. I placed a popcorn bag into the microwave and kept the timer for two minutes. Just like other rooms, Patrick's kitchen looks sleek and modern.

"These boys are so good at these games" she huffed before dropping herself on the stool. I agreed, making a face.

"He's lucky he's good looking, or else I would've kicked his ass for mocking me" she mumbled. I slumped down on the stool beside her, turning my body to face her.

"I can see you're falling for Patrick," I said softly. Scarlet blushed, tucking a loose blond hair behind her ear.

"Even I feel that" she mumbled shyly. I took her hand in mine.

"Don't you think it's too early?" I asked, "You just came out of a relationship and suddenly getting into another...."

"I know it's very soon, but I like him and he told me he likes me as well. He may not be the perfect guy but I'm ready to give him a chance and he also told me that he is ready to take things slow" she smiled softly, her eyes holding that familiar hope I've seen too many times.