61. Call from Devil?

"What kind of ending is that?" Grecia whined disappointedly, sitting next to me. I chuckled at her cute pout.

"I know right. Why couldn't they end it without him dying?" Daniella complained a scowl etched on her lips as well. I shrugged my shoulders because I didn't know the answer to that either.

"Or they could have just shown from the beginning itself that he was just her imagination," Grecia spoke out her suggestion.

"Her hallucinations of him are what made her survive and go forward amidst the difficulties. Like that gave her the need to escape." I explained.

"But still, it's so sad. I regret watching this now. My whole mood is deflated." Grecia said and Daniella agreed with nodding. I look at Rebecca and we both shake our heads at their childishness.

It's almost around half past 4 in the afternoon and we just finished watching the movie 'Adrift'. We were all lounged on the comfortable seats of Watson Mansion's home theatre with some snacks and drinks. The room is on the first floor and the color theme of the entire setting is black and red that gives an aesthetic vibe. There are a total of 12 luxurious seats arranged such that the three rows have 4 seats each overlooking a large screen that covers most of a wall.

Logan has gone out for his unexpectedly important meeting right after lunch. He had texted me about twenty minutes ago that he would be coming in an hour. That means 'finish all your work in that one hour and get ready for today's training'.

Even though Logan planned to train me every day in the morning as a routine, his plans got changed because of his busy work schedule. So now we postponed my 'self-defense classes' from the forbidden time of 6 in the morning to 6 in the evening which I'm very much thankful for.

Logan had told Grecia that I was taking some self-defense classes from him and she was so appreciative of it even though she didn't know the real reason behind it. She went on to lecture on how it's important to learn to protect ourselves, especially in this society. I can say that Grecia is not at all pleased by the movie due to its sad ending and she started sulking right away.

I stood up from the couch with much difficulty as my body still hasn't recovered from the unfamiliar rapid movements that I was told to learn yesterday. Although I didn't feel much pain yesterday, getting up in the morning seemed so difficult that I felt like I had been run over by a truck multiple times. My whole body was sore and aching in the places that I have never felt before. I swear if Logan was there next to me when I woke up, I would have given him two purple eyes. I cursed him out so much in the morning but I also felt guilty for doing it since he was just trying to make me stronger and braver. Talk about ambivalence.

I took my phone before notifying the three actively sulking women that I was going upstairs to take a shower. I enter Logan's room and connect my phone to the charger before getting inside the washroom. I remove my clothes one by one before getting into the hot shower, exhaling a loud and content sigh on feeling my muscles relaxing at the contact of the hot water.

I know it's stupid of me to bath before the workout since I know I will end up in a sweaty mess after the training. But I just wanted to relax my muscles properly before the training starts or I do not doubt that I wouldn't be even able to walk upstairs if I don't do this now.

Showering has always been the time where I think about the events till then. It is time I make most of my decisions. I relish the faint pit-pat noise of the flowing water which gives me comfort weirdly. It's also the reason why my shower time is much longer than intended to be since I lose track of time enjoying my solitary. Today was also no different as I recalled yesterday's events in my head. The training, my drunk self creating a mess as well as the note I received.