31. Wrecking heart

"The only thing worse than not knowing a secret is discovering one..."

A heavy silence wrapped us in its tight embrace, but not to a point of suffocation. I stared out of the car window, watching the buildings and trees pass by in a blur. Logan and I were lost in our thoughts. To say morning breakfast was awkward and uncomfortable was an understatement. We both tried to give a lot of excuses to Grecia just to escape from being in each other's presence, but she was adamant that we all eat together.

The elephant in the room was very clear, as we know fishes live underwater and not in the cloud. Finally, Grecia decided enough is enough and forced us to talk things out between us as the tension between me and Logan grew. Yet again we tried to convince her we are very busy today. But she wouldn't give her ear to our excuses.

So yeah, here we are! I also don't know where he was taking me as we haven't spoken a word to each other, but I figured it was out of the town. We have been on the road for a while now. Finally, after half an hour, Logan pulled off from the main road into one of the small side streets that's filled with houses that were decent sized. The smell of the saline water filled in my nostrils from the breeze that came from the open window of Logan's seat.

"Why are we here? At the coast?" I finally asked, confused.

"Just wait and see," he muttered, still looking straight at the road. I humph and look back out the window in silence. After two kilometers down the road, Logan slowed down and stopped the car in front of a half-constructed building. I frown and look around the place. Seriously? If he wants to talk, why can't we go to a park or something? Why here?

He unbuckles his seat belt and gets out of the car, walking in my direction. Before he could open the door for me, I quickly unbuckled my seat belt and jumped out of the car. He stood there, staring at me with a baffled expression before he shook his head, muttering something inaudible.

"Why are we here, Logan?" I asked him, irritated to the fact that he's not giving me any clue.

"You'll see," he said and I rolled my eyes at him. Yeah thanks, that helped a lot!

I take the time to get a good look at the place. I can tell it's a two-story house. The ground floor was fully constructed and the first floor was halfway done. The front garden contains a two-tier Boca Hexagon Fountain without water in the middle and long grasses surround the whole place like no one has used this place for years.

"Whose house is this?" I asked, looking around. Logan was silent for a moment before replying.

"It's mine," he said and I looked back at him, frowning.

"I don't get it"

"Come with me," he said and takes my hand in his. The sensation of his skin against mine is enough for my heart to beat loudly against my chest and a shiver ran down my spine. I'm not supposed to have this effect again! Not after our fight yesterday.

He guides me along the side path of the house to the backyard. I gasped loudly as I looked at what was in front of me. The property is on the edge of a U- shaped cliff and I could see the crystal blue sea a few distances below the cliff. The sound of the waves hitting the rock and ground along with the chirping of the birds is just plain amazing!

"It's so beautiful." I breathed out. Subconsciously I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly. Logan looked at our hands in surprise before looking into my eyes. A blush crept into my cheeks and I awkwardly tried to pull away from his hand. But he didn't let go and instead tightened his hold.

"Come," he said softly and pulled me after him to the side of the cliff where there was a flight of stairs, going down towards the ocean. We walked down the stairs and soon we were walking on the sand near the ocean. I shivered as a cold breeze brushed against my exposed skin and I couldn't help but regret the fact that I was only wearing a white Bardot top and a black floral knee-length skirt. But then again, I didn't know we were going to the beach.