68. Hold on

Karolia's POV:

A faint tingling sensation from the side of my right cheek woke me up from the deep slumber I was in. I sensed a soft trail of touch from the corner of my mouth to my jaw and then back to my cheeks. My eyeballs rolled, trying to open my eyes but it felt like a big heavy sack of something was dumped on top of my face. That's how heavy and painful my face feels right now.

It hurts.... Everything hurts...

The tingling sensation was soon replaced by something moist on my collarbone. It was so wet and sloppy that it made me uneasy. I can tell this isn't my Logan's touch. This feeling is nowhere near what I feel when Logan touches me. With Logan, it was serene and so rapture. So with much difficulty, I pried my eyes open. The first thing that comes into my view is the dimly lit yellow fluorescent bulb and the creaky uneven planked wooden ceiling. I blink my eyes in confusion as it is a roof that I have never woken up to in my entire life.

"You're awake, finally." I heard the deep voice of someone just near my face and the force with which I snapped my head towards the person almost made me faint in dizziness. It took me a moment to focus on the face of the person and my eyes slowly widened once I saw who it was. He was lying beside me, staring at me with an intense look on his face.

My first instinct was to scurry away from him but his arm on my stomach restricted my movements. I screeched loudly and pushed his arm away with enough force I could muster up. I then turned around to get away from him, but I ended up falling flat on the floor. I noticed the bed I was resting a split second ago was so small, I will hardly call it a bed though.

"Woah, there," Vincent shouted, with a chuckle which made me feel sick to my stomach. Two things disgust me the most now. First, it was Vincent's hands and lips that touched my body, and second, also the worst one, he did this while I was still asleep. I crawl towards the wall, away from the bed and him. I gulped in uneasiness and tried to recall everything that happened previously.

The last thing I remember before I was injected was the heartbreaking pain of seeing Logan closing his eyes and laying there lifelessly on the ground. The memory of his pained eyes looking at me just before it closed is still fresh in my mind. A quiet sob escaped my lips as I remembered the dread-filled scene.

I felt a hand touch my wet cheeks and I immediately flinched back before slapping the filthy hand of Vincent away. I glare at him with all the hate I could muster from my core.

"Get away from me," I shouted at him in peak anger before pushing him back roughly. He stumbled back in surprise of my rage. What did he expect?

"Ohh, calm down, love." He said with a slight smirk.

'Love'

Only one person in this world has the right to call me that. Only him and no one, freaking no one can do that other than him.

"Don't call me that. You have NO right" I gritted out in disgust before struggling to get up from my crouching position. My muscles ache like hell but I couldn't give a damn about it. What I want right now is to get away from him as soon as possible.

"Feisty as always" Vincent chuckled.

I ignore him and his statement. I push the ground with my hands to lift myself. As soon as I got up, my legs felt unsteady and I felt myself lean against the wall for support. I shake my head to get rid of the light-headedness and stagger towards the wooden door at the end of this wall. I tried to open the door by twisting and turning the door handle but the damn door wouldn't open up. My frustration reached its peak and yelled to open the door to whoever was outside.