26. Friends

The steak sizzled in the skillet as the diced potatoes boiled in a saucepan. I watch Logan as he effortlessly cuts up the carrots while he laughs.

"Seriously? No way" he chuckled, his shoulders vibrating. The skin at the corners of his eye wrinkles while he laughs. I nod my head while I munch on the carrot, sitting on top of the kitchen counter where he is working on our dinner. After our moment on the patio, Logan said he will cook today's dinner, and here we are.

"Yes seriously" I laughed along with him. "No matter how hard I scrubbed, the blue paint refused to get out of my body for a week. Everyone in the school teased me by calling me a Smurf" He threw his head back and laughed loudly.

"But I bet you were a cute Smurf" he tapped the tip of my nose and I blushed lightly before rolling my eyes when he laughed again.

We were now playing 20 round questions and he asked the most embarrassing moments in life. Even though there's a lot, I settled on telling him how I fell on a blue paint can when I was sixteen years old.

"Now tell me yours" I suggested. I held my breath when he leaned across me to reach the salt. I would have taken a seat on one of the stools if it wasn't for his demand I sit on the counter so that he doesn't have to turn every time to look at me while we play.

Logan appears to be in thought at my question before he snickered. "During my chemistry exam back in school, I once sneezed. But to my horror I also farted, the sound very loud and clear in the silent hallway" I laughed loudly, slapping my knees in the process. A light blush covered his cheeks and ears which made me laugh again.

"Yeah yeah laugh now. I was horrified at that time" he added, chuckling.

"Gosh Log" I wheezed, my hand on my racing heart.

"Next question" he announced while he added the carrots to the pan along with potatoes. "Strange habit?" he asked

"Umm, smelling the new dresses and new pages of a book," I said and my eyes lightened up. "Oh-oh, the smell of ink on the book"

"My turn" I straightened up. "Any tattoos?" He smirked at me before dropping the knife on the chopping board. To my horror, he pulled his black t-shirt over his head in one fluid motion. Is he planning to give my heart an attack?

My eyes automatically followed the smooth looking his skin on his solid chest to his firm abs. My heart hammered loudly against my ribs as he stood in front of me. He then turned around and that's when I noticed. Without thinking, I touched his back letting my fingers trail on the words written with the black ink just below his neck. He tensed under my touch, his fist clenching at his sides.

'Fear is just an illusion' I read softly.

"You liked it?" he asked, his voice gentle and sweet. He turned his head to look at me and I met his gaze.

"Yeah..." I breathe out, getting lost in his blue eyes. "When did you get it?" I asked after a moment of our intense staring.

"A year back. On my 23rd birthday," he said. He turned around to face me.

"I also have one" he trailed off, smirking lightly. I look at him expectantly, silently asking him to show me. He leaned closer to my ear, his lips lightly touching my earlobes. I swallowed heavily.

"It's on butt cheeks. Shall I show you?" he whispered huskily before he leaned away. I blushed crimson red and with wide eyes, I shook my head that made him chuckle.

"So f***ing cute," he said and pecked my lips, taking me by surprise. Placing my hands on his chest, I pushed him away.

"But what made you get a tattoo there?" I asked curiously. He smirked.