15. Guest

Five minutes!

Five minutes have passed since the woman whom I have no idea who she is has arrived. All I could see was her long auburn wavy hair and her curved backside. She looks tall, almost reaching Logan's nose and she has a body that I could only dream. Perfect like a model. She gives off a rich and confident aura around her, like as if she knows people will stop to give her a second glance which I bet happens a lot.

I believe I've seen her somewhere. I wish I could just see her face to confirm my suspicion. The way she is clinging to Logan and how he is responding to her speaks so much of familiarity between each other. She even called him L, which totally confirms they have known each other for a long time but I'm just wondering what relation they have. The moment she turned around to instruct her driver to take out the luggage, I confirmed my thoughts.

She is the same girl whom I saw in that photo with Logan and Patrick. She looks more mature now than the picture, but still pretty. I have no idea why my heart felt like someone squeezed it a bit at the revelation. I shouldn't be feeling this way. I shouldn't feel anything at all.

I stood there awkwardly watching the two speak animatedly. Just as Logan motioned her to get inside, she noticed me standing there with a dirty cloth and sponge in my hand. Great. Way to look decent. I frown as she signals me to come over to where they were standing. As I walk towards them unsurely, I catch Logan's confused look.

"Could you bring my bags inside? '' She points to the four colorful big heavy suitcases that the driver had placed near the porch. I looked at her quizzically but she never gave me a second glance

"L, let's get inside. We have to talk about a lot of things, come on." She drags Logan inside the house leaving me there dumbfounded. As I watch them climb the steps into the house, I glare at Logan as I see him glancing at me with an unsure look on his face. If only he left me alone this morning, I could've at least looked decent, not with a sweaty body and reckless hair.

With much difficulty, I carry the luggage inside the house and place it near the entrance of the living room. If her driver wasn't kind enough to help me get all this up those five steps on the porch then I think it would have taken half an hour to get them inside the house.Why am I doing this? I have no idea.

I could have rebelled immediately, but I didn't want to be seen as rude in the first meeting itself. I didn't ponder much over why she had so many bags with her. Mainly because I kind of knew the answer to it. She's planning to stay here. But why does my heart keep sinking to the stomach at the thought of her staying here and being close to Logan? Maybe it's not what I think. She might be his cousin, for all I know.

I hear her talk so dearly to Logan, her voice so high pitched that I wonder how Logan was able to keep his calm. Maybe he is used to it.

"You look more mature and manlier now, but other than you haven't changed much" I couldn't help myself from eavesdrop in their conversation.

"How did you know I'm still here, Natasha?" He asked and from his voice, I felt like he was trying to put a distance. It's just a feeling though.

"Of course I have some business here, I didn't leave New York completely, L. I would never do that" From where I stood I could see her squeezing Logan's hand which was resting on his knees. They both were facing away from me so they wouldn't notice me standing near the threshold of the living room.