62. Flying Feathers

Karolia's POV:

The chilly night breeze rushed past me, thus letting my loose brown hair fly in all directions. Goosebumps erupted on my skin as I shivered slightly. I now regret not wearing an extra sweater on top of my turtleneck dress before I stepped out to decorate Logan's balcony at midnight. Yeah, I kept on procrastinating before my lazy ass finally decided to embellish the balcony tonight itself. Standing on the tallest stool I could find in this mansion, I tried to fix a flickering ceiling light that's honestly been irking me a lot. You know how annoyed we get when we are trying to make a place look beautiful but something defiant will ruin the entire vibe, yeah that's this light now.

When I looked up from the ground earlier, my dumb self thought I could reach the balcony roof with a stool, but that wasn't the case. My height wasn't cooperating well with me as even on my tiptoes, I couldn't reach the light. I contemplated whether to call someone but decided against it as I'm too lazy to get down from this stool and walk to the room, pick my phone, and then call someone to help me. And also I don't want anyone to see my work until I finish it, especially Logan.

'Just a few more inch' I encouraged myself and stretched my arm above my head, trying to reach the stupid light cover.

"What the hell are you doing?" Logan's sudden perplexed voice made me jump up in fear. With a squeal, I swayed slightly, almost losing my balance on the stool, but I tried to stay put by horizontally balancing my arms. I sighed in relief when I succeeded by not falling and breaking my neck. Right away, I felt hands on my waist before I was pulled down from the stool. Logan had a pissed look as he glared down at me.

"Are you trying to kill yourself, Lia?" He scolds me. I grin at him sheepishly and shake my head NO. But my sheepish grin was soon replaced by a frown.

"Didn't I tell you not to come here until I say so?" I narrow my eyes at him, glowering at him. Logan rolled his eyes.

"You were taking a lot of time. And if I didn't come, you would've probably broken your limbs by now," he mutters angrily. I scoffed. I was fine until he frightened me by his unexpected entry.

"I was just trying to fix light as it kept on flickering," I say to him, pointing upwards to the balcony roof. Logan looked up momentarily before his pissed gaze returned to mine.

"You should've called me, Lia. I was only a few doors away." Logan again chides me and I pout sadly.

"I didn't want to ruin the surprise for you. Now there is no use in talking anyways. It's ruined since someone couldn't hold their horses." I rolled my eyes and glared at him again. Logan smirks at me, his hand bringing my waist closer to his body.

"It's not my fault I was pretty excited to see how my girlfriend will decorate our balcony." he smirks again and I melt then and there. How does he have this effect on me?

Yesterday night, while we were overlooking the balcony, I suggested to Logan on how he could decorate this small space as it was empty without anything to sit on earlier. He surprised me by asking me to do whatever I wish as he said this place now belongs to both of us. So today morning, I went out and did a little shopping at the furniture shop, of course with two guards following me as per Logan's strict order. And after pushing Logan out of here just a few hours ago, I decorated the balcony space. I could've done this earlier at the noon or in the evening, but I was pretty tired after the shopping, and also after the intense workout Logan made me practice.

"So, how's it?" I asked him, referring to my work. Logan looked around for a few seconds before his proud gaze returned to me.

"I love it. It looks great. You brought a homey feeling in here." he compliments, nodding his head appreciatively.