13. Devil

I knocked on Logan's door, biting my bottom lip in anxiety hoping he's not asleep. I shift from one leg to another, contemplating whether to knock again as there was no response from the other side. As I raised my knuckles again, thankfully I heard the sound of the lock being turned before he opened the door. I gulped at the sight in front of me. Logan was shirtless, rubbing his silky hair dry with a towel. His muscles rippled under his skin. I cleared my throat.

"Yes?" he asked huskily.

"Uh..." I started and he raised his eyebrow at the lack of my response. I cleared my throat again before speaking "The ceiling light in the washroom isn't working. Can you please fix it?" I said softly. Unlike the master bedrooms which have numerous small bulbs in the washroom, my room, which is one of the guest rooms, has only one ceiling light to brighten the space of my toilet.

"I'll call someone to fix it tomorrow"

"Like, right now" I speak out immediately. He turned to look at the clock on the wall behind him.

"It's almost midnight" he groaned. "I'm tired and I don't think anyone will come if I call them now."

I bit my lip and his eyes automatically zeroed on my lips, his jaw clenching slightly.

"It's that...."

He closed his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips "What is it Lia?" he asked, his voice softening.

"I'm scared of the dark and the fact that there is no window in the washroom isn't helping," I said honestly, my cheeks brightening. He will find my excuse very immature, but I can't help it. Ever since that incident, I've been scared of darkness.

He clicked his tongue and exhaled loudly.

"Get back to your room, I'll come now" He muttered before disappearing into his room. I left to go to my room sitting on my bed and waiting for him.

When he returned a few minutes later, he had his T-shirt back on and a plastic bag in his hand. I followed him to my washroom and he analyzed the situation, rubbing the back of his neck with his fingers. I was holding my phone in his direction with the flashlight mode on.

"What's inside the bag?" I questioned him which made his eyes point to me.

"It's an extra pair of bulbs that I took from the storeroom."

"There is a problem. We need a ladder to fix it," he said which made me frown slightly.

"Okey, don't tell me you don't have it" My eyes widened. He turned to look at me before saying the words that nearly made my heart drop.

"Exactly. I gave it for repairing"

"How about a chair?" I asked trying to find all the solutions to fix my problem.

"We don't have any chairs on this floor and the dining chair is not tall enough," he said. I bit the inside of my cheeks, trying to think of some other option.

"Are you sure you gave the one you had for repair. Maybe it's in the storeroom itself. Did you check properly?" I tried to reason with him but I got no reply. I saw him pushing his tongue to the inside of his cheek in thought.

"But you can help," he said, examining my figure to which I frowned.

"I don't even reach your shoulder. Then how am I supposed to-"

"I'll lift you" he cut in. On cue, my heart started to hammer loudly in my chest.

"W-What?"

"I think you're the only best option right now," he said firmly, nodding his head as if he was confirming his thought.