58. Unveiling Emotion

I woke up with a grunt when I heard my phone blaring the alarm sound. I poke my head out of my blanket and reach towards my phone with my right hand without opening my eyes. Even though the sunlight wasn't directly hitting my eyes, I could feel the whole room lit with it. As soon as I got my phone I opened my eyes and stopped the alarm at once. The time read 10:00 in the morning and I didn't have to look at the other side of the bed to know that Logan had already left. Of course, he will have some important meetings at the unholy hours of 6 or 7 in the morning. I released a heavy sigh before getting up from my bed and deciding to go get ready for my day.

I look myself in the mirror and find the frown that has been sitting on my face for the past couple of days. I wash my face, hoping the frown will disappear in the process and then continue with my morning routine. I got out of my twenty minutes long shower and then moisturized my whole body before I changed into some warm and comfortable clothes. I decided to not put on any makeup since I wasn't planning to meet anyone today. I'm planning to go to the central library to refer to some books and start learning for my upcoming finals.

It's already been three days since I came to the mansion and I have tried to lock myself in my room and try to study to forget about things, but it doesn't seem like it's working well for me. The whole place was constantly making me distracted by thinking so many things about one particular person and it was not at all helping. In fact, it just created a big headache for me as I felt like tossing away everything on my table and just sitting there sulking. So today I decided that enough is enough and to get out of this mansion to get some fresh air. In that way, I can also work on my studies and not hyperventilate on the fear of being far behind with my portions.

I skip down the stairs quickly and enter the kitchen to find Daniella organizing the dishes. I noticed the set of pancakes sitting on the plate on the kitchen counter and I took a seat in front of it. Daniella sensed my movements and turned around to greet me.

"Good morning, Miss. Kingston. Those pancakes are for you and let me know if you need more." She said with a warm smile pointing to the plate of pancakes.

"Good morning. Thank you for this and you can call me Karolia by the way." I returned the smile and saw her nodding her head before continuing with her work. I eat in silence as the flavors of the maple syrup dipped pancake and blueberries flood in my mouth. My euphoria with the taste of the breakfast ended when I noticed the silence in the house. Having three people, Grecia, Rebecca, and Daniella in the mansion alone, we will be able to hear the non-stop chattering and sounds. Grecia herself is a person who cannot sit quietly and always talks or does something to remain active but, right now the house feels awfully calm.

"Daniella, where are Grecia and Rebecca?" I asked quizzically.

"They left almost an hour ago to the hospital for a check-up. They said they will be back in two hours." I felt a flicker of worry when I heard Grecia went to the hospital.

"Why so suddenly? Did something happen?" I asked hurriedly.

"No, they said it's just a normal check-up to know her health improvement." I nodded my head in understanding. Grecia's health is improving day by day, but still, Logan insists to consult her doctor every week. I quickly finished breakfast and thanked Daniella before going upstairs to pack my bag.

I put on my winter boots and made sure I took all my books and necessities before closing the room and heading downstairs again. I inform Daniella that I was going out and then open the front door and greet the cold winter weather. Since William isn't here, I just decided to walk to the nearest bus stop and get down at the subway, so from there I could reach the Central Library. I'm glad William isn't tagging along. I could just take a good lonely walk, enjoy the weather, and do everything to myself. I missed my old days where I was able to do everything on my own and didn't have to be watched by some people.