51. A well-spent day

"Ow Ow Ouch, it hurts, it hurts." I cried in pain. My knuckles lost its color as I clenched my fist tightly against my mouth to muffle my loud wailing. I know to puncture our skin with a needle will hurt, but this hurt like a bitch.

Someone chuckled from a distance, clearly enjoying my agony. I glared at my so-called boyfriend who was sitting comfortably on a couch, his arms crossed against his chest, doing nothing to help reduce the pain for me.

"You stupid man, come here and at least hold my hand." I finally yell at him. He's thoroughly enjoying the show and I'm not liking that even a bit.

"So that you can crush my hand? No thanks, I'm good. Moreover, you begged for this, so enjoy." he shrugged his shoulder, his face annoyingly amused. I shoot him an icy cold glare and in return, he gives a wink.

"Wait till I get my hands around your neck. I'll crush it like an elephant crushing an ant." I threatened him, an amazing scenario running through my head.

Maddy, my tattoo artist, which was a female as per Logan's strict instruction, laughed at my threat "You got a feisty girl there, Mister," she says, her French accent very thick. She's a young woman of early '30s with a slim figure and shoulder-length hair dyed in red.

"Tell me about it," Logan rolls his eyes. I narrowed my eyes at him

"You-You...Ouch," I flinched at the pain.

"There... done" Maddy said and wiped off the blood from my skin. I finally let out a sigh of relief and waited for the pain to lessen before slowly standing up from the chair. I walked to the full-length mirror and looked into my detailed rose below my shoulder blade in awe. I wanted this pattern specifically because roses symbolize passion, promise, hope, and new beginnings.

I saw Logan walking towards me before pressing a gentle kiss on my tattoo from behind. "It looks great," he said.

"I loved it. Thank you so much, Maddy." I say gratefully, turning around. She nods her head in reply and smiles. She then applied some ointment on the tattoo before wrapping the skin with a bandage.

"Do you also want a tattoo, young man?" she asks Logan. Logan shook his head in reply.

"Not now," he said. He then looked at me with so much love and admiration "but I will, soon" Maddy pats his shoulder before she sauntered away. Logan turned to look at me,

"Ready for our next destination?"

"What do you think?"

*****

"The Aquarium?" I ask again in disbelief.

"Yes babe, we are in the Aquarium." Logan chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist. I squealed in delight and hugged him tightly, my arms going around his neck.

"This is the best surprise ever," I mumbled in his neck. He tightened his grip around me. After we left the tattoo salon, Logan blindfolded me before driving to our next destination. Throughout the entire one hour ride, I kept asking him where we were going and this idiot didn't even give a clue even after I threatened to poke his eyes with a pen. But never did I expect he would take me to the Aquarium.

After buying tickets, we entered the huge fish tank, and to say I was awestruck was an understatement. The entire room was covered in glass, the blue color of the water illuminating the entire room. Behind the glass were different varieties of fishes and other water animals, from small to large size. Even the floor was made of glass and I would be lying if I say I'm not scared of walking on the glass. The place was less crowded considering today is a weekday. We walked hand in hand, enjoying the view around us.