18. Unbosom

The leaves tumble down, decorating the streets and sidewalks with its vibrant gold and red color. I watch the trees dancing in the autumn breeze through the glass window of Logan's sleek black Audi A4 as he slowly weaves through the New York traffic.

Unlike the calm and happy spirit that followed the world outside the car, the small world inside this car, the world that only consists of me and Logan, is packed with a tense and dull atmosphere. I haven't spoken a word to him except for nodding my head when he asked if he should drop me at University as I was running late this morning. I would've taken a ride with Scarlet if she hadn't had to leave early this morning with Patrick.

I'm not angry with Logan for yesterday's prank, I believe I showed my displeasure in the form of slapping him, but I decided from now on, it's better to give him a cold shoulder as Natasha's words kept on nagging my mind the whole time.

'You don't even belong here. You are just a homeless girl that he decided to give some shelter to'

'Stay away from my man'

Even though it hurts, I know she's right. I don't belong in their world. I'm an outcast. Natasha proved that to me with her glares and disgusting looks, something both the mother and son never made me feel since the day I came here. Logan tried to apologize during the first minutes of our journey for his prank, but I quickly cut him off by plugging my headphones in my ear, even though my heart melted for his attempt. He realizes his mistake.

But for his sake, a life he's going to have with Natasha and for my sake, I need to step back before my feelings for him blossom into something else. My heart can't handle any more heartbreaks. As Natasha said, sooner or later he's going to be her's.

After another excruciating twenty minutes, we finally arrived at my university. I mumbled out a quick thank you and picked my things swiftly to get out of the car as soon as possible. But as I'm about to open the door, I heard a lock sound. The hell! I turned to look at Logan whose hand was on the control panel of the car.

"Logan, unlock the door," I said calmly. His jaw was clenched, staring at me with an unknown emotion.

"Listen to me first," he said gravely. He was wearing a grey suit, his hair gelled back neatly. And the way his jawline looks when he clenches it is perfect.

I sit there struggling with the handle even though I know I can't open it on my own. When I understood my actions wouldn't help me get him to open the door I gave up and sat there motionless with my arms crossed in front of me, looking straight ahead.

"I'm sorry," he said so quietly that I barely heard it. I press my lips tightly trying not to give in to his words. He's not used to saying sorry I guess from the way he was squirming in his seat, his knuckles clenched on the steering wheel.

"I know I shouldn't have scared you like that after knowing your weakness" he sighed before looking straight in my eyes. The depth in his blue eyes.

"I'm sorry, and I mean it," he said sincerely. I clicked my tongue, appearing to think before I nod my head.

"Alright I forgive you," I said. "Now open the door," I said pointedly. His shoulders relaxed visibly before he unlocked the car. I quickly jumped out and dashed into the campus, not turning around once as I know he's watching my every step.

Logan's POV:

"All the papers must be on my table tomorrow itself, first thing in the morning. You understand?" I said firmly and my auditor stuttered out a yes. He's lucky that he's not standing in front of me now or else I would be handing him the termination letter now. I gave him a simple job and he couldn't complete that on time. Lazy bastard