The End: A Perfect Distraction

Karolia's POV:

Flowers!

The fresh fragrance of flowers entered my nostrils as I inhaled deeply. A beeping sound of some machine was heard nearby and also I could detect a faint smell of disinfectant, but it was very faint when compared to the fragrance of the flowers. Even with my eyes still closed, I can bet the flowers are roses, well the majority of them must be. Let's just say my absolute favorite flower is Rose and I can get the smell of it even from a 10-meter distance away.

Memories of what happened rushed to my head like a slideshow and I heaved a blissful sigh, a sigh of complete relief. Everything is over. Justice is served for my parents and to those lives that suffered under Micah and his men's cruelty. I'm no longer caught up in the past and I can finally move on from it.

A hand caressed my cheeks gently and a soft yet deep voice whispered in my ears. "Wake up, love."

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see a pair of bright blue eyes looking back at me. A smile immediately formed on my lips.

"Hello, handsome." I rasped out, my voice breaking slightly at the end. I noticed Logan was sitting on a chair beside the hospital bed that I'm lying on and was leaning towards me, almost hovering right in front of my face. He quickly inclined back to take a glass of water from the bedside table. I took this chance to look around the surroundings and to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

Roses, just as I predicted. But what made me awestruck was the multiple bouquets of roses surrounding us. Also, they are in a variety of colors.

"Woah!" I breathed out in a daze as Logan pressed the button on the handle of the bed to raise the adjustable bed and handed me the glass of water while taking a seat on the bed beside me. With my eyes still studying my surroundings, I drank the water greedily.

"So guessing from your expression, I think you liked it." Logan asked with an amused expression. I grin at him, nodding my head. But my grin again formed into a smile when Logan extended another bouquet of different colors of roses towards me.

"This is just so beautiful, Log." I say, hugging the bouquet close to my chest. I noticed an IV tube attached to my hand and also could feel a bandage wrapped around my head.

"Not as beautiful as you," Logan says and interlocks my hand with his before bringing it to his lips to place a chaste kiss on the back of my palm. Redness crept into my cheeks and I looked away shyly, which obviously made Logan chuckle.

"Yeah, yeah. You would say that even when I look like a zombie." I roll my eyes. "I'm sure I look like one right now" I muttered under my breath, wincing slightly at the thought, but Logan caught it. His grip on my hand tightened a bit before he forced me to look into his eyes.

"You're beautiful, both in and out. Never doubt that Lia." he says seriously. I suppressed my tendency to roll my eyes again and instead nod my head. It's no use saying otherwise to him.

"So," I say, changing the topic "Where are we? Worcester or NYC?" I asked. I now understand and have even experienced that it's possible to move a person from one country to another, traveling several miles, without that person's knowledge.

"Still in Worcester," Logan said and I nodded my head.

"How long was I out?" I asked curiously.

"For a day now. You honestly scared me when you fainted like that in my arms. The doctor said it was the exhaustion taking over you. You needed a good rest." I pursed my lips and nodded my head. Looking down at my hand I noticed the small cuts and scratches on my fingers and that's when something struck me.