29. Haunting Memories

"Sit down" Logan ordered and walked to his black leather office chair. He shrugged out his black coat suit and hung it on the back of the chair. He's wearing a crisp white shirt, a black skinny tie finished off with some tightly fitted suit trousers. He rolled his sleeves up to his elbow before making his way to the bar.

I sat down on a chair, fiddling with my fingers nervously. Logan poured himself a drink before turning around to stare at me. The intensity in them caused me to suck in a breath.

"So, Miss Kingston. What's your next plan?" he asked a cold undertone in his voice. My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. Next plan? What plan?

"What do you mean?" I asked. He chuckled darkly, rubbing his thumb along his bottom lip whilst he stared at me. If any other situation, I would have been turned on by his action, but now he only looks menacing. I jumped slightly when he slammed the glass on the counter, the alcohol spilling out of it.

"Stop playing innocent." He hissed at me.

"L-Logan I don't understand what you're talking about-" my breath hitched in my throat as he took a dangerously slow step towards me.

"Don't test my patience, love" I flinched visibly when he said the endearing term. It sounded like he was disgusted by me?

"Please, I'm lost. Tell-" I pressed my lips when he cut me off again.

"What's your deal with TRIXEYE?" I huffed loudly, genuinely confused. What is he talking about?

"TRIXEYE? What's that?" I asked him. He growled slightly before charging towards me. Logan slammed his hands on either side of the armrest and leaned forward. Instinctively I pressed myself to the chair but it wasn't enough to get away from the proximity. I could feel his hot breath on my face and that made every hair stand up on the back of my neck. Goosebumps erupted all over my skin, the bone-chilling look in his eyes overwhelming me.

"All right, you want to do this in a hard way? Fine by me" he said and grabbed my arms, lifting me from my seat. I yelped when he slammed me harshly to the desk, caging me between his hard body and the table. I hissed as pain coursed through my body.

"Look at me," he hissed. No words could be used to describe how scared I was right now under his deadly glare. I trembled as I sensed the hot anger radiating off his body.

"I said LOOK. AT. ME" he yelled at my face and I immediately opened my eyes. I looked up to meet his piercing eyes as hot tears finally started to roll down my face.

"L-Logan please y-you're h-hurting me" I whimpered. He tightened his grip on my arms, digging his nails into my skin. I sobbed loudly.

"I'm asking again, how much did they give you to destroy me?"

"Leave me" I bawled at him. "I don't know anything," I wailed.

"I know your dad. I know the reason why you came to New York, Karolia Kingston" He said. My breath hitched in my throat.

"W-What?" I stammered. He released his grip around me and took a step back.

"You came to destroy me. Like how your dad and his DEA agency killed my dad" He said, looking straight into my eyes. Even though his tone sounded cold and distant, I could point out the undertone of betrayal.

"What nonsense are you talking about?" I asked in bewilderment as I wiped away my tears. My dad killed someone?

"Yes, I found out who you really are! Thought you and your father could deceive Watsons huh?" he laughed humorlessly, glaring at me. Even though I keep on wiping my tears, fresh hot tears replace it.