69. Silver Lining

Logan's POV:

'Logan...' A faint gentle whisper flowed through my ears. "Wake up, Log." The whisper was so alluring and fascinating that my eyes fluttered open instantly, waking me up from my nap. My eyes were almost blinded by the bright white light that filled up the entire room and I squeezed my eyes shut, groaning loudly.

"Log," the same whisper, the same familiar voice. This time when my eyes snapped open, I could see a figure in front of me. A very very familiar figure.

"Lia?" I sucked in a sharp breath and immediately sat up straight, the blanket falling off from my abs to my lap. A big smile grazed her red lips.

"Yes, Log. It's your Lia" she smiles softly. Her voice was so melodic to my ears that made me want, no crave for her to speak endlessly. There was another subtle glow that surrounded her figure. She was wearing a pearl white sundress, a flower crown perched on her head. So beautiful, just like Goddess. I tried to touch her but I couldn't. It was like my hand wasn't long enough to touch her, even though she is near to me.

"Lia, how did you...." I trailed off. Karolia smiled sadly and bit her lip.

"This isn't real, Log." My heart clenched tightly at her revelation. This is just a figment of my dream. A beautiful dream. But I'm down for these dreams if it means I could keep looking at her beautiful face and cherish our moments.

"Where are you now, love?" I asked her in a hushed whisper.

"Near to you, yet so far away." she smiled sadly and her hand caressed my cheeks gently. Sparks erupted on my skin at her touch and I missed this feeling, so badly.

"Where? Tell me where." I ask her desperately. Lia looks at me dejectedly, her face pained.

"I don't k-know where I'm," she whispers, her eyes welling up with tears. I shook my head and again tried to touch her face, but my hand just passed through it.

"No. I-I'm sorry, love," I said guiltily. Karolia frowned at my statement. "I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise. I wish I could reach you faster so that you don't have to go through whatever you're going right now. I'm sorry. I feel useless now. I failed you." My voice broke at the last statement as it was becoming heavy and I could feel a lump on my throat. I feel like a complete failure. I couldn't save her and now she is suffering because of that.

Karolia shook her head with a soft smile and cupped my cheeks gently. I leaned into her touch and smiled back at her, even though my heart was breaking slowly.

"You didn't fail me, Log. Never. You came to Worcester in search of me and I know you're trying your best, baby. You are on the right path, just keep coming." I stared into her brown eyes in sadness before my gaze wandered around her face, studying every tiny detail of her face again.

"I'll find you soon, love. I won't let you stay wherever you're for longer. I know I'm near you, just hold on for a little more time, love." I assured her firmly. She nods her head and gives me her encouraging smile.

"I know baby. I always knew I could rely on you." She strokes my hair gently. "I'm waiting for you. Still holding onto your promise." she then leaned forward and pressed a gentle lingering kiss on my cheeks. Closing my eyes, I inhaled her enticing smell deeply.

"Come fast and get me." Her sweet voice called out again.

"I will," I say with certainty.

"Wake up, Logan." her voice was becoming less audible at each letter and as soon as I opened my eyes, her figure completely faded away into thin air and the room ceiling came into view.