8. Learning to ride Ducati

Logan turned the vehicle around the corner into the familiar picturesque sophisticated neighborhood.

"Logan" I sat up straight, my hands on his shoulders. The rain has stopped falling heavily and now it's just drizzling.

"Take me to Scarlet's apartment, please," I said. He ignored me and cruise down the streets until we reach the gate that led to Watson Mansion. I shook his shoulders, annoyed that he is ignoring me.

"Couldn't you have told me when we were on the main road?" he grumbled. He typed the gate passcode and the enormous gate slowly opened, revealing the stone path.

"I'm sorry. It slipped from my mind" I said guiltily. I was too absorbed enjoying the ride, I completely forgot about it. "I told Grecia I'm spending the night at my friend's house and she will be suspicious if she sees me for breakfast," I said quickly.

"Then don't get out of the room until mom leaves the house," he said impassively and parked the Ducati in the luxurious garage.

"But-"

"Look I'm tired as fuck. So if you want to go to your friend's house, be my guest and walk" he said and I huffed in annoyance. "Now get off the bike," he said and I made a face before I slid off. I'm not that crazy to walk a few miles at this hour.

"Not going?" Logan teased, raising his eyebrow.

"Oh, shut up" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled, his voice deep and appealing. Logan carefully and silently opened the door with his keys. The hall was dark and silent. As Logan and I were about to leave our rooms, suddenly bright lights filled the room, almost blinding me.

"Not yet sweeties"

We both turned around to see Grecia in her nightgown leaning against a wall with her arms crossed against her chest. I tried to read her expression, but all I got was a blank stare.

"If I ain't wrong, Logan's work starts at 8, and Karolia is supposed to be at her friend's house right now. Now tell me what were you both doing out at four in the morning?"

"I...umm...me...umm...Logan-" I stammered but I felt Logan reassuringly grab my wrist. Tingles sparked through me like electricity by his small touch. Though according to him it was a reassuring gesture, it tensed me up to spill out the words.

"We were at his boxing -Aaah!!" I groaned in pain as I realized Logan just stamped my foot! Seriously? Grecia raised her brow at our childishness.

"Baskin Robins" I heard him say.

"What?" Grecia asked in a confused tone.

"She meant we were at Baskin Robins"

"At this time? And that too in this rain? You guys expect me to believe that?" I heard Grecia say in a 'duh' tone.

"Well, that's the truth." Logan's words made me giggle under my breath.

"But-"

"I'm too tired for this. I'm going to bed." I noticed Logan acting as if he was sleepy and slowing walking towards the stairs. But he didn't realize that he was still holding my wrist and dragging me along with him.

Before I could pull away, "Why are you taking her along with you?" Grecia asked.

I guess that's when Logan realized that he was still holding my wrist. He released his hold from my hand quickly as if my touch burnt him and mumbled some curses before storming off. Now it's just me and Grecia.

Just screw this!

As I noticed Grecia staring at me waiting for an answer that Logan didn't bother to answer, I faked a yawn and mumbled a goodnight though it was morning and left quickly before she could shower me with her questions.