(37) Superhero AU

Ship: Hero Smii7y x Hero Reader

Request by: Nobody

Note #1: SUPERPOWER ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

Note #2: Both male & female reader insert

Note #3: I'm going to try for a different dialogue effect tell me which one you like better.

------------------------

Our world was once normal, just like the one you're in right now. There were no such things as super powers neither was it possible to do anything that would be relative to magic. But ever since a sickness went around that killed off 40% of the population those who survived were given different superpowers that were completely unique to them. Some where given amazing powers, some powers were just shiny, and others where on support lines. My power is as rare as it get's honestly. My superpower? Mind and emotion control, there are differen't types of mind control abilities. For me my mind control to work  I have to sing, when I was younger I was one of the worst singers there was and it always sounded like I was screetching or screaming so I had to practice a lot. Eventually I got really good at it and because my power only activates when it sings I could not become an Idol because of the fear I would just be using my power against everyone.

As for my backstory from when my power came around I loved singing pop songs then one day I did a talent show and sung City of Angles. The crowd at first was practically bored out of their minds then my eyes changed from their usual (e/c) into a golden yellow. The air around me also looked as if there was electricity surrounding me. After I sung the first line of lyrics the areas attention span grew from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds. I was exhausted after singing that song that I fell asleep for the rest of the night, but I still won the talent show!

The government first labeled my power as an emotion control but they wanted to run tests, it's what I found out they did to everyone who had the power to control over other beings. And since I was so young it was practically a daycare since I couldn't sing for too long or else I would collapse almost immedietly. But during these tests we found out it wasn't just emotion control if I were to sing one genera, hip-hop, then I would have the power to bend anyones mind to my will. Of course I got all the cookies I had because who doesn't want cookies but since then I had to have these weekly check ups to make sure nothing is bothering me and I'm not using my power for my own gain. I got so used to being shown that using my power for my own gain was bad so naturally I felt guilty anytime I did.

At school when I was allowed to return after all the necessary tests were done many people asked what my super power was and I told them everything my little mind could remember from then, "I sing and with different songs they look and do different things." Was all I could explain it as. 

"They called it Mind and emotion control." Our teacher told us. 

A kid was curious on how it worked so he continued asking if I could sing to show them, I looked at my teacher for permission and she nodded her head so I sung City of Angles and everyone had stars in their eyes and was practically having a sugar rush until I stopped singing.

In the files I was allowed to see later on they wrote:
"Little (Y/N)'s condition is strong and anyone who can listen to (his / her) voice will become affected. Depending on which song they sing is how the victim reacts. Although If the genera (Y/N) sings is the main genera the person or people usually listens to it will have shorter and weaker effect which means (he / she) might have to sing two songs for the effect of a neutral person who listens to a specific genera occasionally. If the gernera (he / she) sings is the genera the person listens to the least it will have a longer and stronger effect, meaning (he / she) might only have to sing half a song for the power to work."