Chapter 4

Haley

If I don't transfer, that means I can't work in Seattle which means I'm technically out of job.

He frowned for a moment. I don't think he expected me to say that. I didn't either and I think he wanted me to resign in the first place and he knows moving to another place is a difficult decision for many.

"Since, I'm going to resign.. You are technically not my boss anymore.I'm going to have fun in LA now. Leave us alone until you have evidence against me." I glared at my ex-boss.

Too bad, I loved Whistler. The company have good benefits and pay. I shake my head internally. I'm going to enjoy here and then think about my next move when I get back to Seattle.

He was taken aback by my words. I would have never ever thought of speaking to my ex-boss like that or to anyone else, but I was very upset at that moment.

"Mr.Rivera." Clark interrupted. "I think we should leave."

"You definitely should." I agreed with him-before I do something more regretful.

He glanced at me before walking out of the room.

I shut the door behind them and took a deep breath.

"What did I just do?" I said panicking. "Did I just kicked my ex-boss out of the room?"

"How are you feeling?" Bonnie asked.

I thought for a moment. "I'm angry and frustrated." I thought I was going to have a meltdown in front of them, but I can't let that happen.

"I would have been too." Kristine said. "It's not fair."

"Let's get ready to go to the club." I said angrily. "We can't waste our time here in LA. We are here to enjoy."

"Are you sure?" Bonnie asked looking worried.

"We can stay in here and call for food delivery." Kristine said.

"I'm fine." I said to them. "Let's get ready."

We might as well enjoy, I don't want them to halt their plans of enjoyment because of my stupidity.

By the time we were ready to head out it was eight-thirty pm. We decided to eat somewhere before going to the club. We had burger and fries from a fast food joint and if I would have been in Seattle, I would be eating a tub of ice-cream and crying my eyes out because I just said I will resign from my job and that's not the healthiest way to cope up with stress.The job that I have worked so hard to get into. We hit the bar at ten. It sound late, but when we arrived we saw there were many people in line, still.

The club was packed when we entered, loud music was on- People on top of each other. Any other day, I would have been upset by the sight in front of me-but today, I'm upset and I'm going to enjoy my time here. We went to the bar and ordered some drinks that I have never tried before. Occasionally, I have wines or champagne and that's due to social gathering at work, the rest of the time. I avoid alcohol at all cost.

Not even college was able to break me down so much. In college, I was stressed about assignments, tests and working part-time. I was still able to look at the bright side of everything, but not today. Today, I'm going to forget about all my worries and have fun.

One hours later, my suppose to be fun idea became a horrible idea when I felt nauseous. I should have took the opportunity when I was given one to stay at the hotel and have take outs, but I made this decision and I was regretting it.

Kristine was dancing with a stranger and Bonnie went to use the washroom a while back and I was sitting in our area guarding our things. When Bonnie came back I went to use the washroom as well and didn't expect to cry my eyes out over there.

"Whoever in there crying, If you are not using the washroom-can you come out? I really have to use it." I heard someone slurred and I quickly wiped my embarrassing tears away and stepped out. The woman didn't give me a glance and walked in as soon as I walked out to wipe my face.

I avoided spectators and the curious glances I got from women who was putting on make-up on their faces. When I returned Kristine was back to our spot.

"Let's go back." Bonnie said, "we have to sleep in and then enjoy one more day we have before we fly back."

I agreed with her and so did Kristine. We called for an Uber and went back to the hotel.

And there he was- sitting on the chair near the reception looking annoyed as he looked at his watch. If he came here to add fuel to the fire, I won't let that happen.

"Shh.." I said to Bonnie and Kristine. "That douche is here." My eyes widened when I looked at him and his eyes met mine.

"Hurry!!" I said alarmed as I pressed for the elevator to arrive and at least the door opened in a second.

"You are too loud." Bonnie said. "and too drunk."

"I'm not drunk." I shake my finger, no-no. "Why's the door not closing?" I complained as I touched the door. "Close the door, please."

"If you move away, then the door will close on its own." Bonnie said as she pulled me back and pressed a button and I smiled.

"What would I do without you?"

I stuck my tongue out at the man in front of me who ruined my vacation and now my job as he looked flabbergasted and tried to make his way inside the closing elevator.

"Douchebag." I called out and slumped near the wall.

"That's right." Kristine agreed with me and I laughed.

We make our way inside the room and I yawned as I sat on the bed. Bonnie shut the door behind us and just then someone rang the doorbell and that person surely lack manners as they kept ringing the door bell.

"It's the man from before." Bonnie said and I rolled my eyes.

"Tell him to go away." I mumbled as I curled up into a ball on the bed. My stomach doesn't feel nice and my head is spinning. Alcohol was never a good idea, when is it ever a good idea? My subconscious remarked.

Bonnie was dealing with that douchebag and he made his way towards the room. Talk about his manners, again.

"What you want?" I whined as I sat up on the bed and I giggled when I can see two of him and of Bonnie and of Kristine. "Perfect." I said. "Now, there's two of douchebag." I pointed at him and laughed. I think I'm going to throw up.

He looked bemused for a moment and stood few feet away from me.

"We need to talk." He said.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading, please give this chapter a Vote and a share.. next update will be tomorrow.