Chapter 30

Haley

I stood there awkwardly. "I have plans." I said to him.

He froze for a moment. "What?" He said looking at me.

And maybe I was upset with myself for feeling awful that Archer was with another woman or I was a little annoy he is making me repeat what I just said.I must be crazy for being upset about that. This man is way out of my league and I'm definitely not his type and will never be.

"I have plans." I said to him making sure I said it loud and slowly.

"Where and with who?"

"C'mon, you are being serious? I don't have to explain to anyone with whom or where I'm going. My shift is over." I said looking at my watch and give him a smug look.

He had the audacity to scowl at me.

"I'm not going to repeat, Ms.Lynne." He said.

"I'm not going to repeat as well, Mr.Rivera. What I do outside office hours is none of your business." Which is true.

He glared at me for a moment and closed his eyes for a moment. I think he's trying to stay calm.

"I will let Stephen and Grant know you are coming downstairs." I said and made my way back outside to let them know, that Archer was ready to go home.

Archer stepped out a couple of minutes later when I was switching off the computer and locking my cabinet and checking to make sure I didn't leave any important documents outside.

I know he wanted to say something, but he's holding his tongue.

"Have a good night, Mr.Rivera." I said to him as soon as we were out of the elevator and was making my way towards Caitlin and Ann. Macy and Lilliana is not here, yet.

"Ms.Lynne." He stopped me and I turned to look at him. "Do not drink too much." He said hesitantly.

Don't even remind me of the time in LA. I really regret that, I have to watch my alcohol intake if I don't want any regrets tomorrow.

"I know." I said.

"Call me when you are done. I will pick you up. It's not a request." He said. "Have fun, stay safe." And looked behind me, most likely looking at Caitlin and Ann.

"I can come home on my own." I said.

"I was not asking you like I said. I will pick you up." He said and turned to walk towards the door.

"What's with your boss' mood?" Ann asked. "I thought he would be in a better mood after he." And she started moaning. People walking passed us give us a weird look.

"What?" Caitlin said. "Is it that blonde from last time?" She looked at Ann and at me.

"No-it's this brunette."

"Okay guys, let's not talk about this. Where is Macy and Lilliana?"

"We are here." Macy said grinning. "What a wonderful day to go out for dinner. My boss was a total d*ck today." She rolled her eyes. "I want to get a drink already. Let's go."

The barbecue place was just down the street. Ann drove me and Macy over there as we are the only one who doesn't have cars.

Lilliana reached there first and found a spot for us. As soon as we walked in on the large barbecue place. We could smell the smoke and delicious foods. It was a neat place with booths.

"Any allergies or restrictions?" Our server, Rose asked.

They all looked at me, I guess none of them have any.