Chapter 25

Haley

The Directors left with an upset look on their faces. I guess the meeting didn't go well.

Archer came out with his things and looked at me. "We are done for the day, ain't we?" He asked. I was still doing some of the work.

His photocopies in my hand as I stood up.

"Keep it in a file for me, now." He said.

"I still have some pending emails to reply to."

"Reply those at home." He muttered as I quickly put the things away and grabbed my things. He was scowling the whole way towards the front of the building where Stephen and Grant was waiting for us.

It was five-forty five pm. The roads were still crazy. The whole way home, he was checking his phone and asked me to add reminders and things like that in the iPad.

When we reached home. I felt somewhat exhausted already. It's not an easy job, handling your boss and the employees and clients at the same time. I excused myself to take a shower and came out with my phone ringing. It was Bonnie.

"How's New York?" She asked.

"Busy?" I said.

"Kristine and I missed you this weekend." She said.

"I figured." I said. "I saw your pictures. Seemed like you two had fun in the club last night."

"I regretted when I woke up this morning and had to go to work." She said.

I laughed a little.

"Elena started packing your stuffs and is taking it back home... are you sure about this decision?" She asked quietly.

"Yes." I said, but inside I thought otherwise.

"You are coming this week, right?"

"Yes." I said.

"Let's go out on the weekend?" She said. "Elena said she should be able to move your things away before you come back."

I appreciate Elena doing it before my arrival. I don't have many things in that apartment anyway and Elena is very neat when it comes to moving. I trust her in helping me move the things.

I was suppose to have a get-together with my coworker back in Seattle, but apparently they have the company's field trip that weekend.

"How's your boss treating you?" Bonnie asked.

How can I tell her he's spending a lot of money on me for reasons that I don't understand.

"He's not that bad."I said.

"I hope you know what you are doing." Bonnie said.

Archer was pouring champagne when I stepped out of the room. I see the foods laid down on the table already.

"Mrs.Nolan made quite a lot of foods today."

"We are celebrating for your first day at New York, officially." He said smiling.

I returned a smile to him. We sat down for dinner as we clinked our glasses and took a sip of the drink. It's way more better than the ones I had before.