Chapter 41

Haley

"Maybe they are going to the same direction." I tried covering up for Grant.

"Let's see.." she said signalling and slowing down as she pulled up on to the side of the road. I think she wants to see if that person was going to do the same.

I think Grant caught on it as he drove passed us.

"It's better to be safe." She tells me as she ease back to the road after sometime. "We don't want creeps to follow us."

"That's right." I said. When we pulled to the building. I thanked her and she brushed me off with a smile.

"If I don't see you tomorrow. Have a safe trip." She said.

"Thank you." I said to her with a smile.

I walk to the inside of the apartment and I noticed few securities around the place. That give me a sense of securities.

The elevator was moving up and I decided to text Archer that I was home.

He texted me that he's on his way home as well.

When the elevator door opened and I stepped out. I see a stranger standing in front of me. His back was facing me and he was talking to Mrs.Nolan who was laughing at whatever he was saying. He have dark hair and was wearing a dark hoodie with jeans and Nike shoes.

"Ms.Lynne is here." Mrs.Nolan announces and the person turned and I didn't have to ask who he was. They have similar features-He have a smirk plastered on his face.

"Mr.Rivera." I greeted him.

"If it isn't Ms.Haley Lynne." He said very amused. "I didn't know you lived here as well."

Mrs.Nolan scurried away leaving me with this guy who was looking at me up and down.

"Since when did my brother shared apartment with his assistant?" There was no judgement, but curiosity in his voice.

"Due to unexplainable situation." I said.

"You don't give out much information, do you?"

"I try not to." I said with an expressionless face.

His smirk turned into a genuine smile, "Let me introduce myself. Hello, I'm Wesley Rivera. How about you?" He brought his hand to the front for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you Mr.Rivera. I'm Haley Lynne." I said shaking his hand.

"Call me Wesley." He said as we dropped our hands to our sides. "You are much more beautiful than I imagined."

"Thank you." I didn't know what to say to him.

"Mrs.Nolan told me you guys have been staying here for more than a week already."

"Yes." I said.

"That's wonderful." He said. "I was wondering where my brother's attention was these days, but now I know."

"I don't understand what you're talking about."

"It's fine, Ms.Lynne." He said giving me a smile. "Where is my brother?"

"He should be on his way home from work." I said.

"Are you hungry? I'm starving. I had a long flight. Why don't you join me for dinner, tonight?"

"Okay." I muttered quietly. "Your brother is almost home.. can we wait for him?"

"I'm starving." He said. "I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I want to eat, then shower and go to bed."