Chapter 15

Haley

At exactly ten-thirty, Stephen announces that Janice was here and I see the blond woman comes behind him, wearing a designer suit and heels. Her hair was in a neat bun and her facial expression was expressionless.

"Mr.Rivera." She greeted and looked at me curiously. I've been getting a lot of those looks lately from people.

"Janice." He said. "Meet Ms.Lynne. You will be filling her wardrobe like I mentioned in the email."

I wondered when did he email about this to her.

"Of course." She said. "My two other staffs are coming up. They will help me take measurements and we will talk with Ms.Lynne about her styles."

"Good." Archer said and looked at me. "I will be in my office."

He's going to leave me with strangers?

"Can I have a word with you?" I looked at him quickly.

"Sure." He said as we both stepped to the hallway away from her ear.

"Does it make sense I'm your assistant and you are doing this for me?" I whispered even though we are away from ears. "And I'm staying at your place."

"If they question about our relationship, which they better not... tell them we are in a relationship." He said nonchalantly.

"Are you being serious?" I hissed. "If it gets out people will think that I got the position because we are dating."

"Haley." He said. "If you tell people you are my assistant they will think that way and if you say we are in a relationship, it's the same-but if you tell them we are in a relationship, it makes more sense why I'm spending my money on you."

"But you are spending your money because you feel bad, right?" I asked.

"Sure." He said rolling his eyes. "Now get going." He looked at Janice and the two women who have suddenly appeared beside her. They were tall just like her, equally dressed professionally and was looking at me with not so happy faces. I sense they like Archer, he's good looking I get it, but why are you giving me that look?

One of the two women, whom I believe is Madelyn took my measurement while the other woman-Yvette noted down in the iPad.

"Any preference to colour?" Janice asked.

"I usually go with darker colour." I said.

"Maybe we can try something new- something light to match your eye colour. You have a beautiful eye colour." Janice pointed out about my green eyes.

"Thanks." I said embarrassed.

After an hour of discussion, I was relieved when they were getting ready to leave. I was somewhat glad none of them asked about my relationship with Archer.

Archer was in the kitchen when we stepped out of the room.

"You are done already?" He asked somewhat surprised.

"Yes." I said. He came and stood beside me.

"We will pick all the things today and the wardrobe should be ready by Friday." Janice said with a small smile.

"Thank you ladies." Archer said as he politely dismisses them. "Are you hungry?" He asked me once they left with Grant following behind them to the elevator.