Chapter 22

Haley

I laughed and shake my head. "I'm being honest. It's a very good files with excessive details."

"Good or bad?" He was curious.

"It's a secret." I teased him.

And he playfully rolled his eyes at me. "This weekend, what would you like to do?"

"I don't know.. maybe relax a bit?"

"Would you like to go out? Let's go out."

"Where to?"

"I will show you around to New York and I will give you a tour as well to Whistler."

"On a weekend?"

"Yes." He said nonchalantly. "People work on weekends as well."

"Okay." I said. "You sure will be fine showing me around? Ain't you busy?"

"It's weekend." He brushed me off.

"Okay." I said with a hint of a smile.

We walked around the block and I learnt there are many fast food joints near his apartment, banks and stores. It's a good location overall and expensive. We walked back home and I felt better after the walk.

"You leave for work, early?" I asked.

"I go for a run and then I come home shower and eat or I shower and go to the office and eat over there." He shrugged.

"No wonder I don't see you much in the morning." I muttered.

"It's a habit." He said.

"Do you have any social life?" I asked. As far as I know, he definitely do.. I saw his contact lists, but I don't see him talking or mentioning about anyone.

He laughed and said, "of course I have a social life."

"Don't you want to hang out with your friends on weekend?" I asked.

"I hang out with them every weekend, something for a change, you know?" He shrugged.

We walked back home and as soon as we stepped in Stephen comes in our view and looked at Archer for a brief moment.

"Office." Archer said and looked at me. "Have a good night, Haley." And Stephen and him walked away.

I feel like he's hiding something from me, but I can't be sure about that.

Weekend rolled by quicker than I thought. My closet is filled with expensive clothings, shoes and bags and I cringe every time I walked passed the door. It would take me years to repay him all the things he bought for me.

Archer was busy on weekend, but he wanted to keep his words and wanted us to hang out. I told him he didn't have to feel pressure about it. I get it, he's a busy man and he doesn't have to really show me around. We did some touring and ate delicious foods.

Monday morning, I was trying to calm myself down. I have to report to the office at eight. It was six am in the morning. I was all up and ready to leave. The morning commute will be busy, Archer said he will come with me even though yesterday we visited the office. The whole place is surrounded by glasses, there's the same security procedure. You will need to scan your employee cards to enter the building after the information desks. He didn't show me where my desk will be.. just showed me the cafeteria, the staff lounge room, gym and spaces like that.

"Morning." Archer greeted me as soon as he stepped out from the elevator at six-thirty. He must have went for a run as he was in his running outfits. "I will take a shower and see you for breakfast." And looked at his Apple Watch.

I simply give him an okay and he left to go and shower. He came back half an hour later, showered, shaved and in his suit. He was all business like already.

Mrs. Nolan laid out our breakfast and said our lunches will be sent over, but if there's any changes to let her know.

"Anything you would like to eat for dinner tonight?" She asked us.

Archer looked at me expectantly. I already feel guilty that Mrs.Nolan is cooking for me, I can't just ask her to cook something specific for me. I just shrugged

"You can feel free to share some ideas." Mrs.Nolan said. "I love cooking." She reminded.

"I don't have any specific thing in my mind." I said and looked at Archer and he said.

"Maybe something we can celebrate with a good glass of champagne, it's her first day back to work in a new location." He said. "I'm sure we can take this opportunity to celebrate."

I wouldn't want to celebrate for that reason, but whatever-he seemed like he wants to celebrate.

He said since I'm his assistant, people wouldn't really doubt about us living together as most of his assistant used to be picked up by Stephen and him on their way to the office. I was expecting to sit with Stephen in the front, but he stopped me and said he have something to discuss with me.

On our way to the office, he reminded me not to share anything about our arrangement with anyone-as if I want troubles. He then reminded me about my tasks, which he assured will be easy.

"Let's say I don't do well-can you move me to another department?" I asked, hopeful.

He pursed his lip and looked thoughtful.

"I will be in the office anyway? Like an eight hour shift and I will be going home straight. I'm sure you can trust me enough to let me do that." I said.

"I'm not sure." He said. "I really don't want to give any high hopes to you."

I sighed and nodded my head. The office was closed by and we stepped out of the car. I followed behind him, maintaining the distance and professionalism. I have no idea what I'm suppose to do. I wasn't even trained for this. Everyone give me a curious glance as we walked passed them. He allowed me to enter the empty elevator first and I can see the surprised glance at everyone's faces. I get it.. usually bosses go in first. He entered the elevator.

"We'll take the next one." One man said as the rest of them simply mumbled a yes or a nod.

"You need to relax." Archer reminded.

"I'm trying." I mumbled.

"Just do the task that I will give you and you will be fine." He said.