Chapter 20

Haley

We glared at each other for a while.

"End of discussion." He said as he stood up.

"It's not. We didn't even discussed why you are being like this. It's making you sound bossy and rude."

"You can call me bossy or a*s, but that's the end of the discussion." He put his empty bowl in the sink. "I'm going to shower and call it a night."

"We still have to talk about this." I said. "You can boss me when it comes to work, but not when it comes to my life."

He sighed. "Seriously Haley?" He said. "You want to start now?"

"Yes. We should end this someway."

"Okay fine." He said. "Do whatever you want." He raised his hands in surrender. "I'm f*cking out of this." And he turned and walked away. He seemed pretty mad and I was mad too. He doesn't get to tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my life.

Mrs.Nolan walked in quietly. "How was dinner?" She asked and I was not sure if she was pretending to not know the situation or genuinely didn't.

Mrs.Nolan was impressed with my cooking and I give her a small smile. We tied up and then I went to take a shower. I found out Mrs.Nolan lives just down the street. She walks here to work or her husband drops her off and picks her up later. She left as soon as we were done.

After the shower I thought whether I should talk to Archer and decided to suck up my pride and talk to him. He was in his office like I thought. He was on the computer and was talking on the phone. I knocked before walking in.

"Yes, I got it." He watched me walk in. "I will look into this and let Nathaniel know as well. We will have a talk about this first thing in the morning." I stood near his table, standing awkwardly and he made a gesture for me to sit down. "Yes, that will be it. Goodnight." And he ended the call.

"I want to apologize for being rude at that time."

"It's fine, it's your life and you are old enough to make your own decision." He said coldly.

I guess he really doesn't want to talk now.

"Right." I said.

"Like I said before, you can do whatever you want." He said and I nodded my head at him.

"Okay, good night." I said.

"Good night." He said and I exited his office and back to my room.

If we are like this at the moment. I wonder what will happen once I'm working with him. I think we will drive each other crazy. I went to bed early that night- a change for once at least.

The next morning, I woke up feeling refresh and good. I guess, sometime we need to catch up on our sleep. I have slept until eight-thirty. Jeez. I slept around ten last night.

Of course, Archer left for work when I stepped out of my room. Mrs.Nolan was in the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ms.Lynne." Mrs.Nolan said.

"Haley." I corrected her for what seems like hundredth times now.

"Haley, breakfast?" She smiled.

"I'll have cereals." I said.

She opened the pantry and looked at me.

"Cheerios, please." I said. "Archer left for work?"

"Yes. He left a message. Ms.Piper will be coming to do your wardrobe today."