Chapter 28

Haley

Archer called on the work phone, "Ms.Lynne, I asked Mrs.Nolan not to make any lunch for me. She will be delivering yours. Can you grab me the smoked salmon club sandwich from Ken's with iced tea? You can grab something if you would like as well."

"What time would you like to have your lunch?" I asked while jotting it down on a piece of paper.

"Around twelve would be perfect-before your break."

"Okay." I said looking at the clock. "I will go and grab it in fifteen minutes." I said looking at the Google map. It's just ten minutes walk from here.

"Good. Thanks." And he ended the call.

With the help of the Google map I was able to find the store. It's a small store with limited seatings, but it was busy. I had to wait a couple of minutes before ordering. The menu was written on chalkboards and the decoration was vintage. It's a beautiful store.

I stood at the side after placing the order. A man pushed pass me rather rudely and walked towards the exit and I frowned-so rude. The man had his hood on, so I couldn't see his face.

"Are you okay?" Suddenly Grant appeared in front of me, out of nowhere. I didn't even realize he was here as well.

"Yes." I said a little confused. "When did you arrive?"

"Now." He said. "I came to grab some lunch as well."

"Oh." I said.

"I will go and order something." He said and stood in the line, but his feature seemed tense. His eyes scanned around the room and I wondered if he's always like this? Suspicious of his surrounding. My order was here and I was not sure if I should wait for Grant without him feeling pressurize, that I'm waiting for him.

"You can head out first, I have a large order. It will take another fifteen minutes." Grant tells me.

"Okay." I said. "See you." If I was on break I would have waited for him, but I'm currently working.

I walked out of the store and headed back to the office. When I returned to the office I put his foods on a plate and poured his drink on a glass and knocked before entering his office.

He was on the phone- he looked at me anxiously. Is something wrong? I quietly placed his food on the glass table instead of his main desk.

"Give me a moment, I will call you back." He said and ended the call.

"Your food is here." I said.

He stood up and walked towards me with a vacant look . "Was it difficult to find the store?" He asked.

"No?" I said.

He casually asked me if I found something amusing on my way there or back?

"No?" I said confused. "Was I suppose to find something amusing?"

"Nothing." He give me a small distant smile. "You can go for lunch." Dismissing me.

"Okay." I said as I excused myself. I found a brown bag on my desk- sealed with a note from Mrs.Nolan what's in the menu.

I really appreciate how she make lunch box for me, but I would prefer if she didn't make one for me. It makes me feel guilty.

I met Caitlin and the group in the lobby once again. We went back to our spot from yesterday.

"How's day two of work?" Ann asked.

"It's not that bad.." I tell her with a small smile.

"Not that bad yet." Macy pointed out. "Once there's big events and conference, then you will realize how bad it is."

Travis plopped down on the chair beside me.

"Ms.Lynne." He greeted looking pleasantly at me.

"Hello, Mr.Miller." I said.

Lilliana didn't seem to appreciate our new company.

Mr.Wilson soon joined us as well. The only people who were talking was them while the rest of us listened. Yesterday was different. I feel like we will be seeing them a lot more often.

We were thankful when they left early as they have to prepare for meetings.

"They never use to give any sh*t about us." Lilliana said annoyingly. "Now they are very much interested to even sit with us."

I didn't know what to say..

"How do you ask someone not to sit with you?" Macy asked and that made us laugh a bit.

We really don't know, Macy.

I returned back from lunch and went to Archer's office to collect his plate. The drink was untouched and I opened the cover on the plate and scoffed a little.

He asked me to get his lunch and he didn't even touch his foods? He was still busy working on his computer. I was beyond annoyed now. I wanted to cuss at him, but decided to keep my mouth shut.

"Do you want me to remove your lunch?" I said in a monotone.

He looked up as if suddenly aware I was in the room. I even knocked before entering?

"Oh. I haven't eaten yet.." he said to me like I was a child.

"I can see that." I tried not to show any attitudes towards him. I must maintain my professional, I kept repeating that in my head.

"Are you annoyed with me now?" He sounded amused as he walked towards me.

"Why will I be annoy with you?" I give him a deadpan look.

"You seem a little upset here." As he stood in front of me with a smirk on his face. I scowled a little at him.

"Why will I be upset?" I asked.

"I don't know?" He bend down to meet my eyes. "You tell me."

I glared at him this time and looked away quickly.

"You said you wanted lunch. I went and got you lunch and you didn't eat! I know your work is important, but you should find time to eat. How long does it take for you to eat?" And then I blasted at him.

He was taken aback. "So you are not mad that I made you go out and then didn't eat the foods?"

I rolled my eyes at him. There, I finally did it. "Now you are rolling your eyes at me?" He was amused.