Chapter 38

Haley

"Should I be worried?" He asked while we were eating breakfast. "You are quiet. Is it going to be calm before the storm?"

I glance at him and laughed a little and he seemed to relaxed a bit. "Do you feel uneasy now that I'm not talking?"

"Yes." He said. "I like when you talk."

I smirk at him. "Now, Do you?" I said.

"Yes." He said. "I mean it when I said I want to get to know you better."

"I don't know." I said to him. "You say you want to know me better, but will you let me know you better?" I asked.

He kept quiet. "You do know me a little better."

"From those files." I rolled my eyes. "I got to know you through the files that your assistants made. I want to know you better through you."

"You don't want to know anything about me like that. You will be disgusted and you will dislike me." He looked at his plate.

"I doubt that." I said to him.

"What if you do?"

"I don't think I will, Archer. We all have flaws, but we need to learn to accept them."

He opened his mouth, but nothing came out of it.

"We will take things slowly, Okay?" I give him a reassuring smile. "Plus. Is office romance allowed?"

He give me a smile. "As long as it doesn't come between work."

"Why do you want to get to know me?" I asked curiously.

"I want to go out with you." He said in the most obvious tone. "Isn't that why?"

"Are you sure?" I give him a stern look, but broke into a smile.

"You are playful most of the time and it's adorable."

I was going to give a comment when Stephen interrupted us. "Mr.Rivera, Ms.Lynne. Good morning." And he looked at Archer.

"You can share it here, Ms.Lynne would appreciate that." Archer said.

Stephen hesitantly said. "Smith was informed yesterday about the matter and through the footage from the camera here and the one obtained in LA. It seemed like it's the person who handed Ms.Lynne the document. They are judging their physical features. We don't have the picture of the man's face in LA."

Oh. That's what he meant when he said I owe him. What exactly do I owe him?

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Why do you doubt that?" Archer asked.

"He said that I owed him something, but when I said I didn't think so.. he didn't do anything and turned and walked away. Does that make sense?" I said to them.

"I will let Smith know about this." Stephen said before Archer could say anything.

"You want to go through your schedule for today?" I asked once we were done breakfast. Stephen was still talking to Smith.

"Sure." He said.

He doesn't have much meetings today's with exception to his Aunt and one in the afternoon around two pm. The rest of the day, he will have to give feedbacks on the files that was submitted to him a while back.

"My Aunt will complain about the timing with you once our meeting is over. She will then re-schedule.."

"You are not free until next month." I said. "Will email be fine with you?"

He smiled. "Email would be better than her sitting there and annoying me."

Grant said he will drop us to the office and that Stephen will come later.

"Do they have an office here or something?" I whispered in the elevator.

"We do have a security office of our own here. The floor below us. Stephen and Grant and some of them stays at the floor below us."

"They live here?" I mouthed and looked at Grant who was standing in front of us.

"They do get to go to their own home at times." He said. "It's just been busy here since the threat."

Now I feel bad for Stephen and Grant. When we reached our workplace. I was more than ready to start the day and forget a little about yesterday.

Mrs.Lili Rivera walks in at before ten for her fifteen minutes meeting. She was expecting me to take her in before ten. smart.

"Would you like some coffee while you are waiting?" I asked.

She raised one of her eyebrow at me. "I want to go in first."

"Sorry, Ma'am. Mr.Rivera is on a phone meeting." I lied.

She give me a cold look, huffed a little and said she will sit in the waiting area that was available in the hallway. At exact ten, I let Archer know I was letting her in and then call for her. She arrived looking at me with displeased and walked straight in without knocking.

Archer said not to bother to come in to serve her any drinks because he's worried she might pour the drink on someone and I was not sure if he was being serious about this.

Exactly fifteen minutes later, I knocked at the door and walked in to remind them or specifically the woman, Lili Rivera that they have to wrap up the meeting.

The atmosphere in the room was cold and distant. Both of them was glaring at each other. Lili stood up without further words and walked out of the room.

"Are you okay?" I asked quietly. He nodded his head.

"Would you like some tea or coffee?"

"Can I have juice instead?" He said.

"Sure. Orange or Apple?"

"Orange, please."

When I stepped out from his office like he warned. She was waiting there looking impatient.

"I need another appointment with my nephew longer than fifteen minutes." She hisses at me.

I pretended to look through his calendar and looked at her. "The earliest possible date I can add you in is end of next month."

"You've got to be f*cking kidding me. Let me see."

"I can't do that." I said. "Would you like me to add you for a date next month?" Throughout my conversation with this woman. My voice was monotone and I tried not to show any emotions.

She looked at me for sometime, "Put me in for a meeting next week." She demanded. Her tone was rude.

"You can email Mr.Rivera in the mean time, but the latest I can do is end of next month." She wanted me to submit to her with her looks, but I was not backing down as I give her a fixed look. I have time to deal with her nonsense.

"Fine, schedule me for next month. It can't be fifteen minutes like today." She hissed.

Without changing my expression. I added her to the schedule next month for twenty-five minutes.

"I've added you on the twenty-eighth of next month for twenty-five minutes."

"I need more than that." She said.

"That's the only thing I can do." I said.

She looked at me with annoyance and stormed towards the elevator.

"How was the old woman?" He asked when I entered his office with the orange juice.