Chapter 10

Haley

It was nine-fifty, I was in my room playing with my phone when there was a knock at the door. I went to unlock the door.

"Yes." I said opening the door slightly.

He have changed and showered. His hair was still wet and water was still dripping down his hair to his face and neck. He have changed into a light blue V-neck shirt, the shirt match his eyes colour. He was wearing a grey sweatpants along with that.

He rubbed his neck and seemed awkward. "I need your details to book your ticket."

"I will purchase one." I said. The tickets are cheap at the moment.

He scowled at me. "Can you do what you are told for once?" He snapped and I was taken aback. He looked guiltily at me and went with a softer tone.

"Okay." I said quietly.

"I will be sending your details to.." he paused. "Stephen, he works for me. He will be booking our tickets."

I nodded my head. "Okay." I said.

"Your details will only be used for purchasing the ticket and nothing else." He looked at me in the eyes.

"I didn't say anything."

"Just incase you have the crazy thoughts that you are my suspect and I'm going to hold you down with your details."

My eyes widened. "I never thought about that." I teased him.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Bring your things, I will be sending it to Stephen."

I give him a smile and his face went blank for a moment and he blinked at me.

"I'll see you in my room." He cleared his throat and turned to walk to his room.

I grabbed my passport and went to his room.

He sent my information to Stephen via email.

"So, what am I suppose to do as your assistant?" I asked curiously. "Make schedules?Get you foods? Type in the meetings?"

"You're smart." He said and his eyes twinkled with what seem like mischief.

"I'm serious." I said.

"Somewhat like that." He said.

"I'm leaving my editing job to be an assistant." I said in disbelief.

"Your coworkers would be so jealous." He laughed.

"Of course." I said sarcastically.

"Once we are in New York and in the office. You will be handed your duty, so relax for now."

How can I? I don't know my job expectations and what I'm suppose to be doing?

"You will do just fine." He said. His face was all serious.

"It's temporary, right?" I asked.

He didn't say anything and I was panicking.

"Yes.." he said quietly and I sighed in relief and give him a thankful smile.

"I hope you catch whoever is bothering you and your family." I said honestly.

"I hope so too." He said as his face turned blank all of a sudden.

"Do you want to play video-game?" I asked after some awkward quietness.

"No." He said.

"Okay." I said standing awkwardly. "I'll go back to my room." And I took my passport with me.