Chapter 43

Haley

His lip was soft like how I remembered from last time. He tasted of mint. This kiss was full of emotions. When we pulled apart I was breathless and my heart was raising quickly. While he looked calm and watched me closely.

I pulled him close to me and kissed him once again. He was surprised but responded very quickly as he put one hand on my cheek and the other around my waist.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked as we pulled away to breathe.

"Yes." He said and put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm going to talk to Smith.. we'll order take out tonight.Actually.." he said taking out his wallet. "Can you order dinner for us. My cards are in here."

I raised one of my eyebrow at him. "I can figure out our dinner." I said.

"The housekeeper brought some groceries but it's too late to cook." He said to me looking at his watch. "Please order take out."

"Okay." I said. "But I'm not going to accept your cards."

He rolled his eyes at me. "Not again. I insist, Ms.Lynne."

Stephen interrupted and said Smith was ready to talk. "Order something for us, two. Thank you." He give me a quick kiss on the cheek. Surprising Stephen and me and then handed me his wallet and left.

I ordered pizzas for dinner and then took a shower. I sat in the living room as I looked at the glass wall. I could see Seattle's space needle from here and the view is amazing. He does have good apartment's location.

The security called me to tell me that a pizza man was here to deliver and as the apartment needs code to enter. He can't come up and I have to go down to collect the pizza. I handed the delivery guy his tip and took the pizzas and drinks from him and thank the security. On my way to the elevator, I met a stranger who kindly waited for me to enter.

"Thank you." I said to the woman.

"Which floor?" She asked. Her long dark hair was tied up. She was wearing a gym outfit and was carrying a gym bag with her.

"I have to punch some codes. You can go ahead with yours." I said.

She shrugged as she pressed the number five and the door closed quietly.

We reached her floor first and she waved me a quick goodbye before walking away. I quickly punched the code and then the elevator moved all the way to the apartment.

The elevator pinged before opening. I see Grant standing there with a expressionless look.

"Ms.Lynne." He said. "Did you just leave the apartment?"

"I went to collect foods." I said as he came forward to help me carry the foods to the table. "Thanks. I bought some for you guys as well." I said explaining why I have six large boxes of pizza. I don't know how many staffs are here.

He was surprised. "Mr.Rivera will be upset if he finds out you left the apartment ." He said to me.

"He doesn't need to know that." I said.

"Who doesn't need to know what?" Archer comes striding to the kitchen.

"I bought pizzas." I said handing his wallet back. "My treat."