⚜Chapter 11⚜

Après Moi, Le Déluge

❇❇❇❇

She can put herself on the line for those she loves and they all know they can count on her.

❇❇❇❇

|Downworld|

Lilith paced around her chambers anxiously as she waited desperately for her godson to return and with some good news, preferably.

Her deep emerald-colored gown created a halo behind her as she walked around trying her hardest to control her nerves. The information her godson was going to bring was extremely crucial to her because ever since she created the Downworld, she yearned to know more about it. It was a matter of life and death for the Queen of Downworld. Quite literally.

She was deep in her thoughts when a tall red-headed man knocked on her doors making her turn around immediately before she took a breath of relief seeing her godson, "Luci! You're finally here. What took you so long?" 

"Well, they weren't exactly thrilled by Lucifer Morgenstern breaking through their walls and interrogating them." He huffed as he casually flopped on a sofa. 

Lilith raised an eyebrow, questioningly at him, "And? What did you find?" 

"Nothing." He breathed out making her glare, "It was all the same gibberish before another one of them bloody died again!" He answered throwing his hands up in the air in frustration.

"Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!" She screamed as some of the glass lanterns broke because of her anger and magic. She clutched at the roots of her hair in frustration.

"We're back to square one, again!" She muttered pinching the bridge of her nose. 

Lucifer had no idea how to console her even though he had seen this happen a million times over the centuries, "Mother..."

"Nine thousand years, there has been a prophecy for nine thousand years and still it has not taken effect and no one has been able to even speak of it without dying midway! How the hell am I supposed to defeat Raziel with this?" She snapped at him and he knew that he was not the source of her anger. Her anger was more than justified. 

"We will find a way, mother, don't you worry." He murmured standing up.

"How can I not worry, Luci? Your own mother was the very first victim of this prophecy and after so many more deaths, we still only know the few words which make utterly no sense." 

He sighed and placed his hands on her shoulders, "Have patience, mother dearest, it is not an ordinary prophecy and you know it. It is a prophecy marking the end and paving the path for a new beginning. It is not supposed to be deciphered so easily." 

She met her gaze and nodded, "You're right, many have sacrificed their lives trying to solve this puzzle and none have succeeded. However, many more will continue to do so until we have the entire verse written." 

They shared devious smirks as Lilith once again saw hope that one day she will be able to understand and fulfill the prophecy about the fall of the strongest Angel in all realms.