Caregiver | Part 14

"Alright. Let's go back to the cabin."

You said, as you realised you two had been wandering around the garden for too long. You surely loved hanging out in the garden, but it was Taehyung that you worried about. The tumbler that you filled with plain water earlier was emptied out.

"Aww come on... I mean, look at those butterflies though..." he pointed at a couple of butterflies fluttering around the bushes. You laughed, giving a few pats on his shoulder. "They're beautiful, Taehyung. Everything around here is beautiful. But the weather is really hot and we should get back and shelter already."

You smiled a little when you heard him sighing.

"Okay fine. Let's go back." He said to his unwillingness.

"Here, hold this umbrella. Let me know if your hand getting sore." You opened your umbrella and handed it over to him. He looked up to you. "But, what about you then?"

You shook your head. "Nah it's okay. Plus I have a cap on, so it's fine."

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Taehyung, if we keep on talking about this both of us might get roasted alive under the sun." You rebuked him like a mother scolding her son.

"Okay, okay. Let's go." He nodded, with a sheepish grin on his face. That had you smiled once again.

You pushed the wheelchair, sweating so much because of the heat of the sun but you completely ignored those beads of sweat rolling down your face as you prioritised Taehyung more than yourself. You need to bring Taehyung back into the house before you can wipe your drenching face.

Upon reaching to patio of the cabin, Taehyung handed over the umbrella for  you to fold it. Then you opened the door and pushed the wheelchair in.

"I'll go and get you some water. Be right back." You excused yourself the moment you closed the door behind and you quickly went to the kitchen. You came back to him with a glass of water in your hand. Carefully you placed the mouth of the glass to his parted lips, slowly tilted the end of the glass upward.

He managed to gulp down the water until its last drop, you felt a bit guilty that he went through dehydration and blaming yourself for it. That's when you heard a continuous ringtone, coming from his room.

"Taehyung, I think I heard your phone ringing in your room." You informed him, and he gave you the surprise look in his face.

"Really? Ah okay then." He clicked the button on the armrest and left to his room. Turns out it was indeed a phone call.

You minded your own business as you went to the kitchen and washed the empty glass along with the empty tumbler. After you dried them, you let the faucet opened to wash your face.

You were in the middle of drying your face with a napkin you brought from home when Taehyung came to kitchen, searching for you. "Hey Suyin." He called your name, and you raised an eyebrow the moment you put away the napkin. "Yes?"

You noticed the bright smile on his face, made you wondered what's going on in his mind. Or probably because of someone who called him just now.

"Can you make a tea for two later on? Not now, later."

He asked, and you nodded in reluctance. "Okay um... may I know what for? Are we gonna have some deep conversation about life again?" You asked in a bit of your joking tone.

He shook his head as he letting out a small laugh. "Nope. This time for a guest."

That took you by surprise. "A guest? For real this time??"