Caregiver | Part 41

There were blood. In the sink.

Your heart nearly drop by the unbelievable sight of the white, porcelain sink. You began to panic, and your knees getting weak as well.

How did that happen? You were perfectly fine the past days. You didn't even show any sign of getting sick or whatever the symptoms that lead to your new, unknown illness.

You put down the toilet seat down and sat on it, giving yourself some time to calm down.

"It's okay, Suyin. You're fine. You're fine." You chanted. You took a deep breath and slowly exhale.

You finally calmed, and now you tried to think how are you going to deal with this situation. It's probably already midnight, and you wonder if there is any transportation available for you to go to the hospital.

You remember that there was a bus stop around the area, but it was dark outside and you couldn't take the risk to go out by yourself. Any public transportation especially the bus certainly not available after 10 pm, so it's not really worth it if you actually go and wait for any there.

You just sat on the toilet seat pensively, didn't know what to do. Didn't even know what was happening with you.

For now you were in desperate need of comfort. You needed someone to be around you.

Should you call Taehyung?

No way. He must be sleeping right now. It's midnight for god's sake. The last thing you ever wanted to do was to disturb his peaceful sleeping time.

Then who else?

Definitely not Jungkook. He may be your close friend, but you kind of didn't want to drag him into your problem.

As you entangled with your frustration, suddenly the face of someone whom you close with but haven't seen in a such long time popped up into your mind.

Your brother.

Part of you wanted to refuse, but the voice in your head somehow insisted you to make a call. You nodded to the voice, and got up from the toilet seat. You twisted the tap open and let the blood washed away.

You walked out of the bathroom and headed towards where your phone was. You scrolled down your contacts and pressed his number displayed on the screen.

You gathered all of your courage before you went for the 'call' icon. You waited for your brother to pick up his phone. Your feelings were all mixed up while you wait, and the repeated beep over the phone did nothing but worsen your anxiety.

You hope that he didn't pick up the phone, but your hope didn't last long when the repeated beep no longer to be heard. It was silent for almost a minute before you heard him saying your name.

"Suyin?"

You wanted to cry. Hearing his voice made you missed your entire family. But you couldn't let him know that. At least not now.

"H-Hey... Seowon..." you cleared your throat on purpose just to prevent your voice from cracking.

"Suyin hey~ how... how have you been lately? So good to hear from you again."

You let your tears fall, hearing him chuckle brings back the memories of his goofiness around you. You admitted, you missed it so much. You missed your brother so damn much.

"Yeah, well... I'm fine." You shook your head. 'No more lies, Suyin.'

"Actually, I'm not. I will explain later on, but right now... I need you to take me to the hospital." You said, straightforwardly