Caregiver | Part 18

"She's.... pregnant."

Taehyung repeated, and you had no idea how to respond to that unexpected news. But you certainly needed to say something about it.

"Um... I'm going... to cut this bandage..." you said awkwardly. Because you really don't know what to say. You took the scissors and cut it smoothly before you ended it with a surgical tape.

You stood up from your knees, reaching out your hand as you gave him a few gentle pats on his shoulder. "It's okay, Taehyung. Try not to think too much about it. Just... um... watch the movie for a while, okay?"

You stepped aside, unblocking his view from the screen of the television. Only to realise that he didn't even watch the movie. It's almost like the movie was watching him instead.

"This whole time... I thought it was because of me..." he expressed. There's no way he can distract himself from talking about now that it kept lingering in his mind.

And there's only one thing you can do to help him with the situation. Letting him vent it all out.

You took the tv remote and turned the television off, putting it back on the coffee table and went behind him. You gripped the push handles, pushing the wheelchair to the patio.

You stopped by the edge of the patio, dragging a chair and put it down next to him and sat. You intertwined your fingers, did a slight move of your legs back and forth while waiting for him to open up.

"I thought she broke up with me because I didn't get the chance to propose to her, and ended up like this. Turns out... it was beyond than that." He breathed, and you paid fully attention to him by keeping your silence.

"She... she said she's in love with someone. Someone who is not me. Not anymore." He paused, taking a deep breath and slowly let it out. "It's been a while since the last time I saw her face, missing her almost everyday and constantly blaming myself for ruining our relationship. After few months, she confronted me today and god knows how much I missed seeing her face. I thought she changed her mind, wanting us to get back together again. But... I was dead wrong."

You still fixed him with an unwavering gaze, studying the expression on his face which seemed like an emotion of sadness and anger mixed together.

"She was having an affair with someone else, even before I get involved in this stupid accident. I was too slow to figure it out. As I was blinded by her... fake love." He paused again to hold back the anger in him. "She came to me this morning just to confess all those things to me. And then told me about her recent pregnancy."

You looked away, trying to absorb everything that he said. You scratched the back of your head as you thinking of what were you going to say about it. Whose baby she got pregnant with? If it's Taehyung's, should you congratulate or what?

But you were unsure that the baby was his, because he said that his ex-girlfriend was recently pregnant. Now you're confused as hell.

He stopped with the melancholic talk long enough that you cleared your throat as you're about to say something. More like asking. "Um... does she, perhaps, pregnant with your baby?" You carefully asked, just to make sure so you can congratulate him if the baby was indeed his.

"No."

He shook his head, looking down to his feet. You were surprised, but at the same time you felt a bit relief hearing it.

"I wish, but unfortunately no." He added. You couldn't help it but to wonder, if she's pregnant with someone else's baby shouldn't she just moved on and lived together with whoever that someone she had affair with? What's with the audacity to come here and made Taehyung even more miserable than he already is?