Caregiver | Part 25

You woke up to the sound of indistinct chatters, and you began to panic for no reason as you abruptly got up into a seated position. You blinked, rubbing your eyes and looked around you as if you're stranded in Neverland. lol why neverland

You got down from the couch, following the indistinct sound that woken you up. The sound was coming from the door.

"Oh Suyin there you are."

You sauntered your way to the door where Mrs Kim acknowledged your presence, and in front of her was Taehyung. "Good morning." You awkwardly greeted, scratching the back of your neck.

"I called you for breakfast just now, but you're not in the room. So I figured that you must be here." Said Mrs Kim.

"Yeah..." you scratched the back of your neck again, "Well... Taehyung made me watch a horror movie last night and I dozed off."

"She was too scared to go back." Taehyung chimed in as he snickered. You squinted your eyes at him, arms folded and displayed such annoying face at him.

"Taehyung please don't do that to your caregiver." His mom scolded him in such motherly tone. You raised your eyebrow as you sneered at him, but it didn't affect him at all.

"The breakfast is on the table at the dining room, Suyin."

You nodded. "I gotta go and take a shower first." You did a slight bow at Mrs Kim, stole a quick glance at Taehyung before you headed your way to the mansion.

You reached to the door of the bedroom, Taehyung's bedroom, twirling the doorknob and opened the door. You're still trying to adjust the sight of your eyes around the huge room. It gave you such lonely vibes.

You closed the door behind, unzipping your weekender bag and...

"Crap. No towel ugh..." You babbled and facepalmed. Surely whichever of your family members that packed your bag forgot to pack one of the most important personal belongings.

You checked the amount of money you had left, and surely they were enough for you to go out to the town and bought a new towel. So you just washed your face, teeth brushed and hair combed. You sprayed a bit of your perfume all over your body.

You were ready to leave when you ran into Mrs Kim who had just returned from the cabin. She was quite surprised to see you in such a rush.

"Going somewhere?" She asked.

"Yeah. I need to go to the town and buy a new towel. I forgot that I didn't have my old towel in my bag." You said, and your hand was already grasped the handle of the front door.

"Oh, don't bother. I believe there's an extra towel in Taehyung's room, in one of his drawers if I'm not mistaken."

You embarrassingly smiled of being unsure about it. Looking at the bright side, it's actually pretty much convenient for you that you don't have to use your money and save them for later. There's always but.

Whose towel could it be?

Definitely Taehyung's. Obviously.

"But I—"

"Oh there's no need. It's okay." Mrs Kim insisted. You ended up retreating from the door and headed your way back to your room. Uh, her son's room.

You appreciated her for providing your needs, but sometimes you felt like you were not allowed to leave the place. Oh how rude of you thinking that you're in abduction.

She's being genuinely nice to you and you had no choice but to appreciate her effort. Besides, it's kind of rare that rich people being so kind to an ordinary girl like you.