Caregiver | Part 45

𝐷𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 30th, 𝑊𝑒𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦

It was 8 am in the morning, and Taehyung woke up to the feel of nothing. Absolutely nothing.

He sat up, embracing the moment of loneliness he felt in his chest and also the whole room. That's just his daily routine ever since you were no longer by his side.

It's been a month since the last time he stayed in the renovated barn, his healing haven. He decided to move back in the mansion. Ever since you were gone, staying in the small house didn't give any sense of peace to him. Because that healing haven of his was the place where it all started.

Where he first met you, and all the memories he shared with you.

Now that he moved in to his old room, still it didn't change anything. But at least there's no memories of you to be reminisced there.

Went to bed feeling empty, waking up feeling lonely.

But, no matter how lonely and empty he felt, the first thing that went through his mind was you. He missed you so much that he wishes for you to walk in through the door, face all smiles at him. Every single day.

He sat up, embracing the moment of silent as the downpour of loneliness slowly filling up his chest.

The soft knocks on the door got his head quickly turn, with highest hope and strong imagination where he thinking the person behind the door was you. To his disappointment, it was Aunt Shin instead. The housekeeper.

"Taehyung? Oh! You're awake. I made you your breakfast." Said the housekeeper, putting up a smile on her visible wrinkled face.

Taehyung nodded, but he didn't have the urge to get down from his bed. He just sat there pensively.

Aunt Shin approached him, sitting on the edge of the bed. She laid her hand on his top of his hand, then gave a few gentle pats on his back to comfort him.

"How are you feeling?" She asked, even though she already knew the situation he was in.

He shrugged, and the slow movement of his shoulders showed how unmotivated he was. "Just like how I feel these days. Nothing. I feel nothing."

Aunt Shin nodded understandably. She felt sorry and pity for him that he lost the love of his life not just once, but twice.

But the amount of hurt he felt for losing you was incomparable.

It was completely different with you. And it hits him hard.

"Why does it hurt so much..." he was unable to finish his sentence as tears began to roll down his cheeks. Aunt Shin noticed his tears and she wept them before she pulled him into her embrace.

"Because you're in love." She answered, making Taehyung cried even harder. She caressed his back, couldn't help but to shed a tear herself.

Because she lost her dear husband. Therefore she can relate.

"If people ask me to move on, I... I don't think I can." He said in between his sob.

"It's okay." She released him from her arms, wiping the tears off of his face again. "Now is not to the time to move on yet. But at the end of the day, you will."

She held his hand. "Still, that doesn't mean you have to forget her so that you can move on easily. You won't be happy by then."

He sobbed again. "It's hard."

"I know." She wiped the single tear rolled down to his cheek with her wrinkled thumb. "It's never been easy, dear. Everything takes time. Even moving on."