Caregiver | Part 42

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung woke up by the sound of the strong wind blew against the window. He got down from the bed to check what was going on. Turns out the weather was not really good that morning.

"Wow... no sunshine this morning huh..." he blabbered, and closed the window shut.

It was pretty much cloudy outside that he had to switch on the light so he can see the whole room better.

He stretched every part of his body, and ended his short morning exercise with a big yawn. Then he smiled, couldn't wait to leave his room and gave you a hug like he always do every other mornings.

With a messy hair and half awake he left his room, ready to annoy you with his usual yell 'Good morning sweetie pie!'.

But, moment he opened the door, it was empty. The whole place was empty. The smile on his face slowly turned into a confused, blank expression by the unusual quietness.

"Suyin?" He called you, head turning left and then right in repeat. He walked further to the living room, and you weren't there.

Thinking that you probably in the kitchen preparing for breakfast, he tiptoed his way there and waited a little longer to surprise you.

"Lee Suyin!"

He exclaimed, and to his surprise you weren't there either. He scratched the back of his neck, wondering where you would be. And why you were absent in that house.

"She must be sleeping in this morning. Heh~ what a sleepyhead." He chuckled, abort the mission of giving you a mini heart attack as he headed to the bathroom.

While waiting for you, he started off his day with a few splash of the bathroom's cold water to freshen up, then tidied his bed.

Being a thoughtful person he was, he decided to prepare the breakfast for both of you. He kept himself busy in the kitchen, making breakfast like a five star chef.

Breakfast ready, and he served them on the dining table. "Oh! Coffee~"

He made coffee, didn't even bother to make his own tea as he prioritise your favourite first.

He brought the small teapot with coffee in it and a cup back to the dining table, and he gasped in surprise to see an ant crawling on the edge of the plate.

"No, no..." he quickly yet carefully putting down the teapot and cup in his hands and used a spoon to catch the ant. He just blocked the ant's path so the ant would crawled onto the spoon.

He dashed to the front door before the ant crawled further to his hand, knelt down by the porch and set the ant free.

"There you go. Go and live your life, little buddy." He talked to the ant and waved at it goodbye, as if the ant understood what he said.

He could have killed the ant, but he didn't have the heart to do so. Because he thought that every living thing deserve to live their lives at their fullest.

He stood up and walked back inside. He looked at the time, and it was almost 10 in the morning.

You were still not there.