Caregiver | Part 40

You pat his back, making him flinched. He cleared his throat, and you can see how awkward he was.

"Hi. Namjoon."

You smiled at the tall guy in front of you. You noticed that he was also as awkward as Taehyung by the way he returned the smile to you.

"Hi. Tae. And, um, Suyin." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, thank you for coming. I thought you would never come, so it's kind of unexpected to see you guys here. Especially you, Taehyung."

"Suyin forced me to, so here I am." He chuckled. In an awkward way of course.

You looked at Taehyung, deadpanned. "I didn't force you, Tae. You ask for my opinion, so I gave my two cents on why you should go." You corrected him.

"Anyways, congratulations to you and your little baby." You congratulated him. It made him smiled so hard that his deep dimples showed.

"Eheh~ thank you so much."

You titled your head at Taehyung, wondering why he didn't congratulate him or say anything. Seems the awkwardness had took him ovet that he just stood still.

Now is the time for you to do something about it.

You took a step closer to him, and with your hand on his back you pushed him. Towards Namjoon.

"Just go there and congratulate your friend. Give him a hug too."

You witnessed both of them face-to-face to each other, waiting for the next action. You were confident that they're not going to fight this time.

The way Namjoon act in front of you, you can feel that he has changed.

Taehyung scratched the back of his neck, and so did Namjoon.

"So... I know it's been a while, but it's so good to see you again, Kim Tae." Namjoon started off the conversation. "And look at you. Last time I saw you, you were still in your wheelchair."

Taehyung chuckled. "Yeah. I have a love-hate relationship with my wheelchair, but now that you mention it, I'm starting to miss that damn wheelchair."

"Well, you look really good without it." Replied Namjoon, and both of them shared a laughter together.

"Same goes to you too. You look extra good, being a dad." Said Taehyung, extended his arms.

Namjoon was stunned to see Taehyung offered a hug, after what he had done or said to him. But in the end, Namjoon hugged him. Because he missed his friend so much.

"I'm sorry Tae. I'm really sorry." Namjoon began to sob as he tightened his arms around his dear friend.

"It's okay, buddy. Nobody's perfect. Whatever happened in the past, stays in the past. We have to move on."

You were touched upon hearing Taehyung quote your words. You pinched your thigh, trying to hold yourself from tearing up.

"I don't deserve your apology." Namjoon still sobbed and you noticed Taehyung's shoulder where he cried on, it was soaked in his tears.

"Neither do I. But still, I forgive you."

Both of them ended the hug, and Taehyung hit him on his arm along out of the blue. "Look at you. Since when did you get so emotional? What happen with your 'I'm not gonna shed a tear till I die because I'm a man' vow, huh?"

Namjoon chuckled as he wiped his tears. "Shut up. I only said that because I don't want to make myself look stupid when I cry."

Taehyung pat him on his back as he totally get what he meant.