Caregiver | Part 16

Yes, that's the ex-girlfriend. You recognised her because the photo you saw in his room before was still fresh in your mind.

It's a good thing that more people came to visit him, but you couldn't help to wonder... what was she doing here? Why and what for?

Slowly you backed away from the door, and with heavy steps you walking your way to the sitting room. You put down the tote bag on the coffee table, and sat on the couch waiting for whatever that was going to happen next.

You realised there was something on the coffee table right next to your tote bag. It's a beige colour handbag, and that was definitely belonged to none other than that ex-girlfriend of his.

The handbag seemed pretty much exclusive in your eyes, so you took out your phone and began searching for it on the internet as you curious to know how much of its price. You finally found one, and it was the exact same how it looked in the picture.

It's a Gucci handbag, and you gawked to your surprise and disbelief when you checked out the price. The price of that small bag was twice the amount of your caregiver salary.

You leaned your back against the back pillow, wondering why people would waste their money on something that was quite small and replaceable when they could just use that huge amount of money for something that was more beneficial. You knew it's not your place to think of it that way because different people have different ways to spend money.

"I can bring my whole family out for vacation with the price of that handbag." You mumbled, couldn't stop staring at the beige coloured handbag.

But you also wondered... what would it feels like to have such expensive thing on your own?"

Then you thought of the sling bag you often brought along almost everywhere you go. You reminisced the bitter sweet memories you had while using that old sling bag of yours, and you smiled dearly.

"Nah. I still love my worn sling bag." You mumbled again, smiling to yourself.

You turned your head at direction of his door, and seemed like nothing would going to happen as time went by. Of course you wondered again what were they talking about.

The ex-girlfriend must had been regret for leaving him and she came by to apologise and probably both of them went back together again. That's what you thought.

If it's true, then you should be happy for him that he finally got back with his true love. But... somehow you didn't feel it that way. Not that you were jealous or anything. It's just... didn't felt right at all.

Your curiosity had driven you to eavesdrop a little, but suddenly you remembered what your late sister-in-law told you before. 'Never to eavesdrop because that is part of invading privacy. Especially when you have nothing to do with it.'

You nodded to that reminder in your head, and you just sat there and waited for god knows how long. You looked at the time and you were shocked that Taehyung was supposed to be ready for his breakfast.

You stood up and sauntered your way to the kitchen to make his breakfast. You made him a porridge and scrambled eggs, his usual meal for breakfast.

It took you 30 minutes to prepare his breakfast, and for that whole half an hour Taehyung was still in his room with the ex-girlfriend. Should you went for it? Knock on his door and told him his breakfast was ready, or should you just wait until they're done with whatever they were discussing about?

Before you can decide, the door was opened widely and the ex-girlfriend stormed out of his room. She closed the door and stopped for a while to cry. Then she walked off to the front door.